How to get the bottom of it?

Hello !

I am 38 and discovered a lump on my left breast somewhere in march, little pea sized and feels hard, embedded. Found some more later on on both breasts. The GP has felt it, the consultant felt it and they said they weren’t think it is cancerous but sent me for a mammogram. The results came back today, things were fine and there’s no concerns. However I am not happy that they did not send me for an ultrasound and biopsy to find out what the lumps are and I am pretty unsettled. The lumps are still there though same size and feel to them and I also developed puffy armpit since…

My question is, what is the best thing to do here? Shall I go back to my GP and ask for further investigations or contact my consultant?? Worried that they will refuse my request, I am already a nerve wreck.

Any replies appreciated. thanks x x.

I think you need to go back to your GP and explain your concerns. Perhaps you can be given a more detailed explanation of what was seen and if you are still concerned and the lumps are still there then you can ask for a review.

Did they not give you any detail of what showed on your mammogram?