How to thank my nurse

Hi,

I’m privileged to have an amazing secondary breast care nurse who frequently seems to go above and beyond the call of duty for me so I’d like to ask the nurses on this forum, how can we best thank you for the work you do?

I was thinking about nominating her for an award or writing a commendation to the NHS trust she works for but I wasn’t sure what kind of awards there are so I’m open to any other suggestions.

I don’t know how I would be able to cope with everything without her and I really want to show my appreciation.

Thanks!

Dear 133t

What a lovely post to read. How thoughtful of you after all what you have been through I must say I had the most loveliest nurses too and I did take little gifts which made me feel good I also wrote into the hospital to thank all the staff. 

Our nurses work so hard and they are not always recognised :rainbow: :rainbow: wishing you well going forward lovely lady.

big hugs Tili :rainbow: :rainbow:

Hello I33t, 

Thanks for posting. 

Its lovely to see you have had such support from your secondary breast care nurse and you want to nominate her for an award or commendation. 

There are NHS recognition awards and your individual Trust may have a system in place for staff awards. As @Tili explains she wrote to the hospital so you could email or write to the to the hospital. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) or equivalent can let you know who the best person to contact is.  

You may be interested in the all the services we offer to people living with secondary breast cancer. 

We are currently evaluating this service and would appreciate your feedback. Please click here to the survey. It should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.  

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form t** icking the box agreeing to a call back.** 

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.  

We are closed Monday the 29th May for the bank holiday. 

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes 

Jane  

Breast Care Nurse 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy  

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.