HRT stopped a night sweats back!!

I ad to stop the hrt that I had been taking for 2 and a half years following breast cancer diagnosis. Have had lumpectomy and have planning appointment for 15 sessions of radiotherapy and then tamoxifen. My night sweats are back really bad to the point that I cannot sleep. Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this and how you have overcome it? Thanks.xx

Hi Feelingscared
There is a very good herbal remedy called milk thistle which helps detoxify the liver, which helps hot sweats.
Liver rids the body of excess Estrogen, by eliminating it, your liver function is enhanced, thus helping with hot flushes and night sweats.

Hello,

My breast specials prescribed me venlafaxine to take care of the hot flushes. It also does not impact my Anastrozole, she says to take them both daily. I can honestly say, since taking this I do not get hot flushes. I too was told to stop HRT since my diagnosis.

Rads to follow shortly and that will be it.

Mandy
Xx

Hi Feelingscared,

I hope things are improving for you now, but in addition to the general guidance about reducing caffeine, it may help your night sweats if you try either Menopause underwear (yes, there really is such a thing), or, because it is based on “wicking” technology, maybe a sports tee shirt or similar that will move the sweat away from your body during the night (or day). It apparently keeps you cool and fools the brain into thinking you don’t need to sweat.

Good luck