Hypermobility Syndrome amd Tamoxifen

Is there anyone else out there who has Hypermobility Syndrome? I have suffered from aching joints since my two pregnancies 17 years ago, and 6 years ago the cause was determined to be Hypermobility Syndrome which is a condition where collagen is deficient and this makes my joints looser and more prone to overuse and injury - resulting in pain. I have been taking Tamoxifen for 3 months now and my joint pain is much worse than it used to be - especially lower back and hip pain.

I wondered if anyone else has this combination of Hypermobility and is taking Tamoxifen. If you don’t know if you have hypermobile joints, then there are some simple tests - one is to see if you can bend your thumb back alongside your forearm and another is to see if you can stand and bend forward and place your hands on the ground.

E xx

Hi there,
I have hypermobility syndrome, which was diagnosed,along with osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia, by my consultant about 15 years ago. I’m taking letrozole not tamoxifen and can honestly say that I don’t know if there are any side effects as chemo, hormone therapy and all other the aches and pains seem to have all segued into one and other over the last four years.