I feel well

I’m 70 years old and quite fit
I have been diagnosed with Brest cancer
I have my tablets and radiation in 2 weeks
I feel really well
Is this normal

1 Like

I’m 78, had a lumpectomy end of January, radiotherapy in April and now on Letrozole for five years. My IDC was only 6mm and my surgeon said the longest I’d had it was three months and yet now I feel so well after really struggling for the previous two years. The only changes to my health has been the breast cancer and I really cannot understand the big change. Don’t get me wrong I’m very grateful for it and enjoying life to the full but I am confused. Long may we both feel well.

Hi diannep

Thanks for posting.

It’s good to hear that you are feeling well after your recent diagnosis of breast cancer. You don’t say what, if any, surgery you have had but you have started tablet treatment and are waiting for your radiotherapy treatment.

There really is no right or wrong way to feel at this point but many women who are diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer cope well with treatment and are able to carry on with their life afterwards. Your general levels of fitness may well have contributed to you making a good and speedy recovery.

Sometimes people may feel emotional when their treatment finishes. If you feel at any point that you would like more information or support we offer a range of free supportive services for anyone who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer which you may be interested in. They include face to face and online courses and events.

For more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link, or call our free helpline.

Do call us if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Julie

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back