i was diagnosed on 25th april 2014 and have only just felt brave enough to log on.

Have op on 14th may and am finding ways to fill my time, more suggestions would be good.

Hi will668 and welcome to the BCC forums
You will be in good company here, there is lots of support including our helpline, please feel free to call to talk through any queries or concerns on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

You may find the following link to further support ideas and information from BCC via the ‘I am just diagnosed’ pages:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi will668,

I know how you feel,  be positive and accept help when offered. I’m 4 years down the line and I remember from the diagnosis to my 1st op I was living in a bubble. I always had my friend with me for any appointments I had, just in case I missed or didn’t understand anything.  My husband wanted to go but I did prefer my friend, she was neutral and my husband works for the NHS on the financial side, so he knows the prices for all the treatments.  I had enough to cope with without him going into work mode!

Let me know how you get on and best wishes to you, Annie xx

Hi Will668,

I found filling my time obsessively helped to avoid brooding. I read endlessly,crosswords,dvd’s,tv,listened to my ipod, went out and about with various friends and family.I found keeping so busy whacked me out and was able to sleep well at night. Try not to think about it, I know its scary and good luck xx Ruth xx