Ibrance

Hi everyone is anyone on ibrance(palbociclib) I have just finished my 2nd cycle and on my first 7 days of no tablets my hand swelled no on my 2nd time 7 days off I have a really dry theist has anyone else had this

Hi Karen I’m on Ibrance, now on 9th cycle but I haven’t experienced swollen hands. I can’t understand your other symptom but post again and I’ll try to help. My side effects have been mainly upset stomachs and cramps, hair, eyelash and eyebrow thinning, tiredness and some nausea. I’m on a trial with another drug as well so I’m not sure which cause what!

Hi

Sorry meant to say sore throat, lol

Karen xx

Hi again Karen, yes I did get a very sore throat around day 10 of my first or second cycle, I completely lost my voice for 2 weeks and had to have antibiotics. I was never sure what caused this but I think respiratory tract infections are not unusual with Ibrance.

The good news is that these SEs tend to get better over time and I’ve never had another problem. I suppose I do try to avoid crowds at the end of the third week when your immunity is low and I did have a flu jab. Hope you feel better soon, if your bloods bounce back after the week off its ok to carry on xx

Hi
Thankyou started 3rd dose but tumour markers gone up so might be last - very scared xxx

Hi Karen I just read your post. I don’t know much about tumour markers as my trial relies on CT scans but I understand feeling scared! I read on an American website that Ibrance can take 3 or 4 months to show a result, have you heard this? I suppose the question is…are your tumour markers up since you started the trial or have they never gone down? I think I’d be asking for a scan before any treatment change. Thinking of you xx

Hi Still here. What trial are you on? I’m due to start PIPA in two days… imbrance, letrozole and taselicib… really don’t know what to expect!

Im just finishing my 2nd round, ive noticed ive been itchy a bit
Wbc ok at 1.98 but could do for them to be higher next week before round 3.

I had scans at 3, 6 and 10 months, results were: shrinkage, stable with some repair, stable in two places and new activity in the largest vertebral one :frowning:
Short course of high powered rads for me next week.

To Still Here: I’m on my 9th round of IBrance, Letrozole and Zometa (for bones, infusion every 3months). For the last 2 months I’ve noticed my hair thinning. I had very thick hair. I have my hair dyed red every 7 weeks when I get a haircut. You’re the only one who had the same symptoms with their hair. I used a hair mask recommended by my salon. I think it helped a bit. I have very short hair and the ends feel like they are burned. I am very lucky because I have no other side effects.