IDC grade 1 aged 25 chemo or no chemo

Hi ladies I was diagnosed back in December at ages 25 I have grade 1 idc with no node involvement and clear margins! However I have now been told I need to decide weather or not to have chemo? :frowning: they keep saying it’s because of my age but with such a low grade and no spread is chemo needed? I would love to hear from you all and if anyone has had a similar diagnosis and age that would be very interesting to see what path you choose and why. Also I will add that I have already done ivf as originally they told me deffo chemo but now it’s my choice :frowning: x

Ask if they will do the new test, which tests to see if chemo is of benifit to you

Hello I have asked to have to test but they refused at the Christee saying at 25 they wouldn’t give me the choice however my hospital is giving me the choice which is why is so hard to decide :frowning:

Hi Punkprincess and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you have found here, our helpliners are on hand for you to call and talk your concerns through, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays so please feel free to call for further practical and emotional support

Here’s a link to further support a information aimed at younger women from BCC which I hope you will find helpful :

breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Take care
Lucy BCC

Please do some research and in my option at end it is your immue system win the battle. People do all treatment but cancer still come back and I only did conserving surgery, refused the further treatment as well as mastectomy and I am fine now. My main job is strength my immunity and good life style and good food and excersice and positive mind. I am more fear of treatment than cancer itself and that is why I refused. Sometimes people not dead of cancer but dead from over treatment.

Hi jenny I think that is my fear too more scared of the treatment than the actual cancer I have an appointment with the onc on Wednesday so will get all the facts then and hopefully will be able to make a decision x x