I'm a new member

Hi, I’m new to the forum, I’ve had cancer for a while but I’ve only just started looking for online support. I have Stage 4 breast cancer diagnosed in December but before that I had Stage 2b cervical cancer diagnosed last May when I was pregnant with my first child. My son was born early so I could have treatment - radio/chemo followed by a hysterectomy. A couple of months after finishing treatment my breast cancer was diagnosed. It has spread to the lymph nodes and 1 vertebrae in my spine but my doctors have told me it is still treatable. I had chemo (awful, exhausting, painful) and had mastectomy and axillary clearance 2 weeks ago. I’m seeing my surgeon later today to get the pathology results from the tissue he removed. I’m quite nervous about the results as my oncologist was talking about giving me more chemo after surgery, depending on the results. I’m expecting to have radiotherapy at the very least so if I get away with just that I’ll be pleased but I have a feeling that I won’t. 

Hello Verychan

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

I have also put this link to other threads on the forum that you may find helpful

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/I-have-secondary-breast-cancer/ct-p/secondary_breast_cancer

with best wishes

June. moderator

Hi

Sorry to hear you have gone through so much in the last year.

You will find the forum a good support and hopefully it will help you through this awful journey.

Waiting for results is horrible

Good wishes

Jaye x

Hi VeryChan

you have really been through it and now going through it again must be devastating.  I wish you luck with your appointment today,   

Keeks