In distress over rice grain lump under my nipple, please offer any advice?

Hi everyone

I was hoping for some comforting advice. I am a single mum to two gorgeous children. On Sunday night I examined my breasts differently to what I normally do. I found a very small hard lump, reminds me of a rice grain. It is situated under my right nipple and I can acually pinch it and hold it between my finger and thumb. I can move it right to the surface of the nipple where it can be actually visable and felt. I would be able to actually cut it out, if only. I have googled so much about cancer now that I am sick with nerves. My doctor is seeing me on Thursday.

I am very frightened and already have myself diagnosed :(  

Hi Jaybird84

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

You have done the right thing by making an appointment with your doctor as any changes in breasts should be checked out.  While you are waiting for replies, I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful. Also our helpline team are just a free phone call away, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/breast-health/your-breasts-your-health-throughout-your-life-bcc2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi jaybird,

Please don’t google!!! The first thing you always hit are the horror stories!!! Please stick to sites like this and MacMillan.

First of all, you have done the right thing by booking an appointment with your GP. No one on here can comment on what your particular lump is, as we aren’t doctors (at least most of us aren’t I think!) But your doctor will take the necessary steps to find out what it is and get it sorted, whatever it turns out to be.

The main thing I can say to you for now is try not to worry too much. Nearly all lumps turn out to be innocent. For each and every member of these forums, there are hundreds more women who get good news, so don’t continue on here.

The only real advice I can offer you is that the waiting is always the hardest part. Once you’ve seen your doctor, you’ll find out what the next steps are. Your GP might be able to tell you straight away, and send you home, which would be great. Or, they may refer you to the breast clinic for further investigation. Unfortunately, you will have to wait and see.

If you are referred, it’s another waiting game, and a very tough one at that… So, should you get referred, do your best to keep your mind busy, so it doesn’t run away with you. It can be very difficult, but it’s important not to let the bad thoughts take over.

Remember, there’s always someone on here if you need a bit of support, or even a good rant!

I’m sorry I can’t offer any advice on your lump itself, but that would be foolish of me. Only when you are seen will you get that kind of info.

In the meantime, take care, think positive thoughts and try and keep busy.

Best wishes to you, love Mel. X