In memory of my gorgeous wife LaraC

Dear Shazzy,

Two years ago today, at 18:30 you returned to God.

Two years. It’s hard to fathom that its actually been this long because in some ways it feels like you have been gone for an eternity but at the same time it feels like nothing.

My darling you thought that I would forget you after a few months and merrily move on with my life. Oh how wrong you were. The legacy you have left me, the memories, the joy, the lessons, the morals and more - these are your everlasting legacies.

Your friends think of you always. Your family thinks of you always. You are always in my mind and you are always in our discussions. Your memory is here forever, for as long as I live and for as long as your friends and family will live.

I am coping my dear, thanks to God and thanks to you. I am trying to forge a life forward, one without you that is, what in some ways feels like a ‘consolation’ prize but nevertheless you are always in my heart.

Thankyou Shazzi for everything and for coming into my life, enriching it and showing me things I never knew existed. I will love you always my darling, no matter who or what comes into my life in the future and may God give us the opportunity to unite once more when the time is right.

Love you forever my baby, rest in peace and see you when I see you.

Your Tazzy

18/04/73 - 13/09/07

Dear Tazzy, I remember your dear wife LaraC. She will always live on in your heart and her love for you will remain with you all your days.
Thinking of you and Shazzy’s family and friends.
Take Care, Belinda.

My thoughts are with you. I’m moved to tears. This is the real pain of cancer; the devastation it wreaks on us and our families. I don’t know what is harder - leaving everyone or being left behind. I believe that Lara will always be with you always and help guide you in your future life. Wishing you peace and happiness.

All the best
L x

I too remember LaraC this disease is so cruel and robs so many.
What a wonderful tribute to your wife.
I think to be remembered with love is what we all hope for.
Love Debsxxx

I too remember Lara C. I’d just like to reiterate what Debs has said - “to be remembered with love is what we all hope for”. You and Lara C’s family clearly remember her with such love.

I am also glad to hear that you are coping though, Tazzy, and forging ahead with your life albeit without your wife. That is something that I desperately hope my husband will be able to do when I die.

Kay

Dear Tazzy

I feel honoured to have been able to read the beautiful posting you’ve written in memory of your wife. It made me cry because it says everything that anyone could hope a loved one would feel when they die. It also made me cry because of the devastation and sadness that this terrible disease causes.
I wish you well.
Elinda x

I remember Lara C too. She was the same age as my daugher who died just 9 months after your wife. When I told my Dr that I felt as if I had been robbed, he said thats excatly what had happened.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us all. Lisa’s fiance and I both know what you have been through and I guess will always go through. I read that it never gets better … it just gets different.

Our thoughts are with you and I hope that you can find some joy in life without your gorgeous wife.

Sue

Hello Tazzi,

I remember Lara’s postings well, and can only feel glad that you are able to remind us of her. Thank you for posting this.

I wish you well.

Jenny.

Dear All,

Thank you so so much for the well wishes. I am really speechless on what to say, other than my heart goes out to all of you who are on this journey and are the only true people on this planet that know the sort of pain and frustration this disease causes first hand.

I think you are all incredibly strong and amazing people and I want to thank you all again for the support you showed Sharron (LaraC). As I’m sure you all know, life is never the same once you receive the diagnosis of ‘secondaries’ and I shudder to imagine what it would be like going through this diseases without the support network you all have developed so well.

I wish you nothing but love and the best in your own personal struggles.

Taz.

I too remember LaraC. Thinking of her tonight again. I do think it is harder to be left than to leave.

Jane