Interesting article.

Contact buttons It is tedious having to go through this rigmarole again. Why can the largest American site manage to allow contact (breastcancer.org) but the same cannot happen in the UK? It is so irritating to reiterate what we need as far as support goes, which is, contact with each other. Many of us stage iv ladies require privacy for various reasons. Some of what we discuss is not what the newly diagnosed (whatever stage) need to hear. On the other hand we hear from women on this forum who are in a very scary place and we could really help them, but choose not to bare our souls in public and have no way of contacting them.

Moderator, what do you suggest we do to get round this issue? I think it entirely reasonable and sensible that Belinda asks you to pass on an email address. How long has Belinda been offering kind and helpful advice on this forum? I think we all know she is not some kind of trouble-making nutter :wink: so why can’t you do this for us?

I, like Jane, prefer to use this board with its knowledge base and backup of professionals, and have not registered on the other board. It is high time you sorted this problem out.

Grrrr…

Jenny.

Hi Belinda
Thanks for the reply, I have only been on Arimidex since January and it has had positive effects so far. Have had a really weepy morning in between cooking breakfasts for the guests, but I have a fantastic group of ladies in at the moment (come for Donkey week!!) who lifted my spirits by just being happy with life. Dont no why I’m feeling so blue I have been quite bouyant for the last few weeks . Crying Started yesterday when watching news about madelaine McCann and then the flood gates opened again this morning.

Sidmouth is just so beautiful isn’t it I’m so glad we moved here I really feel I’m at the seaside every day. I love shopping in the town it’s just so unspoilt and calm and peaceful.

did your arimidex stop working? was it just arimidex or a combination.What did they put you on next? do you think the arimidex is making me feel low?
Thanks for replying belinda I feel I’ve made contact with someone who just understands

best wishes

Mollie

Thanks Jane I will do that really want to make contact with someone in the same boat

regards

Mollie

Hi again Mollie, the Arimidex is still working. I’m SO grateful for that little pill. I was diagnosed with both breast cancer and bone mets together in 2003 when my hip fractured as I was walking home from work. I had a hip replacement, which has been marvellous, I have full mobility back. To start with I had Tamoxifen, which worked well for over a year then in Spring 2005 I was switched to Arimidex and it’s kept the cancer inactive all this while.
When it does stop working I should be having Aromasin next.
I also have bisphosphonate treatment to keep my bones strong and a jab every month to keep me in the menopause as I’m in my 40’s.
Yes I think Arimidex can make you feel low, I have those times too.
I’ve been watching the news too, hoping this little girl will be found safe soon.
I can’t remember the name but my Sister always (!) stays at the pink painted hotel right by the sea.
Sorry Mollie this is a long and rambling post! :slight_smile:
Belinda.
x

I’ve now made contact with Tracy thanks to the private message facility at breastcancer.org Really hope the same type of facility will be made available here one day not too far away.
Thanks Jenny for your kind words! :slight_smile:

Thanks BCC Thanks BCC I’ve just read your message at the top of this forum re a private messaging service being available here soon.
Great News!
Belinda.

Thanks! Thankyou, moderator, for listening. I really appreciate the feedback.

Jenny.

for Mollie Look forward to hearing from you. I am away for a few days so won’t reply till weekend or after.

Thanks moderator for the update. I work in an organisation which has been expecting a ministerial announcement on policy in the ‘spring’ for many months so I’m wondering if ‘early summer’ has the same longevity??

Jane

A non ministerial answer Hi Jane and all forum members

I am testing and ironing our some final little glitches at the moment. If all goes well we would hope to launch the new service in mid June. I will keep you all posted as to progress.

Best wishes

Breast Cancer Care

Good Luck Moderator…I hate ironing! :slight_smile:
Thanks for keeping us all posted.

This is good news! I am well known for not doing the ironing. It has been commented on at school, that Regan’s mum does not iron her tops, and I don’t deny it! Life is too short, as they say, ha ha.

Jenny
x

Girls!! What’s an iron??? Is that the funny looking triangular thingy sitting in my sewing room on a surf board??? Funnyface

SIRT Hi All

Has anyone heard of SIRT (selective internal radiation treatment) I went to see a doctor at Manchester Hos for a second opinion on my liver mets, he confirmed what my oncoligist had said surgery not possible. However he did mention i might be able to have SIRT and told me to mention it to my oncoligist.

I was shocked when told it does excist but only done privately not on the NHS it cost £20,000 i nealy fell off my chair with shock, she said if it hasn’t spead any further in my bones she would consider me for a consultation with the consultant. Had bone scan donte friday get results next week. Apparently they put a thin tube through the top of leg then put in radioactive directly into the liver it is suppose to blast them. It dosn’t matter how many or how big the tummors are.

this procedure has been done once on a lady but then came back after 4 months, my minds in a turmoil at the moment because to fund this I have to sell my house.

I would be interested to see if anyone know anybody who has had this prodcedure done.

Or it could also be a possibility for other to have this.

Cassy