Introduce yourself March 2024

morning all
I found a lump a couple of days before Christmas 2023, managed to get an appointment with the GP within 24 hours and was referred immediately up to our local hospital
Was seen within 2 weeks and by end of Jan had my lumpectomy. Unfortunately there was not enough margin so had a further op for a ‘shave’ - they really ought to change the name because it doesn’t sound good at all.
Now am awaiting results re chemo and radiotherapy which hopefully will be here by Friday.
Looking forward to getting information on this forum - thanks for reading
C

2 Likes

Good morning @muttlies9

Welcome to the forum (and the club no-one wants to join). I really hope you find the forums helpful.

It can be so very overwhelming being diagnosed and going through treatment but hopefully you will find lots of helpful advice on here, but if you can’t find an answer to your specific question please ask away: there’s no such thing as a silly question, if it matters to you it matters!

Good luck with your next results appointment, I know what you mean by the use of some words in medical terminology!

AM xxx

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @muttlies9 even though you really don’t want to be here. It sounds as if your diagnosis path and surgery have been handled quickly which is excellent but it’s so frustrating when clear margins aren’t obtained first time. Before I had my surgery in September 2022, I was warned that it happens to one in ten, so not unusual just dispiriting. That bit is over now so you can look forward to active treatment to prevent cancer from happening again.

The waiting for results is the most difficult bit, both after biopsy and then after surgery. But results after surgery is when you can really see the big picture and a proper treatment plan is laid out. At that stage, if you have any questions about our experiences on any stage of treatment, all you have to do is ask. About literally anything concerning you. If you have questions of a more technical nature that we, as medical non-professionals won’t be able to answer, the nurses on 0808 800 6000 are a fabulous resource. I hope you get tons of benefit out of the forum.

1 Like

Dear Muttlies,

Welcome to the forum, The club did not want to join. however, we are here for you,

Thinking of you, and hopefully tomorrow, you will have a plan ahead of you when you get your results. This is a difficult time, but I feel sure that you’ll cope with what’s ahead everything will fall into place.

I would suggest you have a notepad and pen to hand and just scribble down, whatever comes into your head, for when you need to speak to your breast cancer team as we can be all over the place at the moment, not sure whether were on our head or heels

At the moment, take one day at a time, lots of TLC a cup of tea with that special friend.

With the biggest hug Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

Thanks, i have started doing notes with questions. Used them a couple of weeks ago, also always take someone else with me, to hear what is being said, because tou can never take it all in. C