introducing myself

hello my name is lynda and i was diagnosed last week 27/02 i thought i was going to have a cyst drainned so it came as a complete shock. i have to have another core biopcy on friday because the first one did not get any tissue, i’m also having a bone scan and a liver scan i start chemo on wednesday. its been on hell of a week as all of you know, but i’m feeling more positive now that i have the dates for treatment, but still very scared.

Hi ice,

We seem to be in the same boat.

I was diagnosed last Tuesday and I am going in tomorrow for surgery on Friday.
To say I am uptight would be an understatement. Family and friends have been great.
Hope all goes well for you.
Regards
Scamp

good luck both of you. I was diagnosed in January and not going in untill 14th March. I’M sick of waiting. All the very best Maz xx

Hi Ladies

Sorry to hear your news we have all been where you are and it is a shock but it’s been found and something is being done about it.

I am still fairly new after my dx 4th Jan so had surgery and am now waiting for chemo. There are so many fantastic women on here that will give you support, friendship and cyber hugs whenever you need them.Ask questions as I know someone somewhere will be able to help you.

Best advice I had was do it one step at a time…don’t try to look at the whole picture just tick the boxes as you go along.
I was also told its like getting on a rollercoaster and you just have to sit and ride it…how true that is one minute happy next one crying. All normal and all to be expected but it does get better as time goes on.

I was terrified when I had my mastectomy…not frightened about losing the boob just the unknown and thats what it is…the unknown, but once you know what happening with treatment etc then you feel like you are in control more.

You will get through this and remember to be kind to yourselves. Take help from anyone who offers.

Right I am waffling a bit now so will go sort out my 2 little monkeys.

Best wishes

P x

Hi Ice123 and scamp

Welcome to the forums, I am sure that you will continue to receive lots of support and information from your fellow forum members.
I also wanted to let you know that Breast Cancer Care have published a Resource Pack, it has been designed for anyone newly diagnosed with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and various treatments, it is available via the following link or by contacting the helpline: breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514 You may find our helpline useful to call during this time for more information, they can also give information about our other support services and also offer support and a ‘listening ear’. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, Saturday, 9am - 2pm. I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes
Katie

thanks everyone i will keep you posted on how things are going, its good advice to take things one step at a time and trying not to worry about what may happen. good luck for friday scamp
lynda x