Invasive lobular breast cancer at 27 years old

Hi,

I am 27years old and last week I was diagnosed with invasive lobular breast cancer. I don’t think your ever prepared to hear those words but I am trying to accept it. It’s very surreal, doesn’t feel real at all, all of my family are very shocked because of my age and no family history. I know it’s not very common to have breast cancer at my age and only 20percent of people will have invasive lobular breast cancer. I’ve come here in hope to find someone going through the same journey as me.

4 Likes

Sherry Ann, sorry you find yourself on here :heart: Please use the someone like me option on here and also ask the nurse facility and also ring the number at the top too :heart: It’s a shock and if you are whirling with it, once your treatment plan is in place you will be able to focus on each treatment stage at a time :heart: The threads have surgery, chemo and radiotherapy monthly threads so you can join those and you will ?travel the journey with other amazing people and you get each other through :heart::heart:Always be kind to yourself and you are in control even if you don’t think you are, it’s your journey and you do what’s right for you. Your team will have seen it all before and will know what to do :heart: Others will pop on here for you soon, I just wanted to ? so you know your post has been seen this morning :heart: You are never alone with these threads, lots of :heart:And support from everyone as much or as little as you need it :heart:??:sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Hi. I was 26 when I was diagnosed with my primary cancer. I am older now but I remember what it was like at the time. There is a Facebook group for younger women with breast cancer (age 45 and under) so it might be worth looking that up and joining that? It’s a really good group with lots of ladies who are all under 45 (including in their 20s) and a great source of support. If you look for the page ‘Younger breast cancer network (UK)’ and send a PM to the admins they should add you to the group x 

Hi SherryAnn,

I am 31 and was diagnosed with invasive ductal breast cancer, grade 1 LN+ ER8 her2 still awaiting. 
I’ve had my wire guided wide local excision and axillary clearance last Wednesday. 
I am still very new too this, so if you’d like to chat I am here to chat too. 

although I don’t know much about the different types just yet still learning. 

laura x 

1 Like

Hi Sherryann,

I am 48 and I have also been diagnosed with invasive lobular cancer stage 1 (1.9cm) Er positive HER negative. I have breast and ovarian cancer that runs in my family but brca shown negative of it being passed down. I had already had 2 lumpectomy surgeries, removal of 7 lymph nodes that were clear and then I did not have clear margins so I had to have a second surgery. I am meeting with radiation doctor next week and my oncologist wants me to take tamoxifen or AI depending on my oncotype dx results which they want me to begin hormone treatment after radiation.