Invasive Plemorphic lobular carcinoma

Hi

I had a wide local excision 7th May but complications mean Ive only had a chat about possible chemotherapy today. Grade 3 one lyphnode affected. A further 2 week wait for possible oncotype results depending on hormone test results.
I was told my cancer is quick growing today which was a surprise to me as I’d been told before that the increase in tumour size each imaging test was just down to different scans and how clear they are.
When I came home I was looking for some blood test results and came across a letter sent to my gp mentioning pleomorphic. Obviously i was worried as when I found out what it means it seems to have a worse prognosis and the word aggressive was used rather than fast growing.
What does all this mean and what does this mean for future treatment as plemorphic seemed to have a slightly different path than was discussed today.
If you need anymore information please ask.

Thank you in advance.

Hi kitnw24

Thanks for posting.

It sounds as though you’ve been given a lot of information about your invasive lobular carcinoma. It can be difficult when you first get your results to take everything in and it’s understandable that you’re wondering what it all means.

There are a lot of factors that are taken into consideration when planning treatment such as the type and grade of cancer and it’s good to hear that your team has arranged an oncotype test to help with this. As it is difficult for us to comment on individual results you may wish to consider contacting your breast care nurse who would be able to go through these with you and answer your questions.

You may also wish to consider, if possible, taking someone along to your next appointment, such as a relative or close friend, to support you and help remember what’s been said. You can also write down any questions you may have and take them along with you.

Dealing with a diagnosis of breast cancer can be overwhelming and we offer a range of free supportive services that you might be interested in. For more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Julie

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.