Is it spinal compression?

I was diagnosed with secondariesin spine (T12) and lung 4 months ago.
I have had 4 Zoladex and 4 months of Femara. I have had rads to the spine and am due for 2nd Herceptin tomorrow.

I have been experiencing joint pain as a side effect. However since last Zoladex (Friday) I have had extreme lower back pain as well as in my hips, knees, shins and feet.
Has anybody experienced any similar or is it just further spread of disease? I am at the end of my tether. JULIE X

I

Hi Julie, please mention these symptoms when you have your herceptin tomorrow, if it is spinal compression the sooner it’s treated the better. I had a painful leg, hip, knee a few months ago, I have bone mets. Was checked out for spinal compression, MRI and x-ray, and was okay. I just needed one blast of rads to my sacrum. I’m pain free again now…do get the docs to check.

Thanks Belinda,

I appreciate your response. It’s very worrying. What treatment are you on ? Julie

Hi again Julie, I was diagnosed with bone mets in 2003, have had Tamoxifen, Arimidex and Aromasin…now on Xeloda. Was changed to Xeloda after the sacrum rads, so far it’s been okay, no side effects. Are you having any bisphosphonates to strengthen your bones? Bisphosphonates can help relieve bone pain too, I was started on Pamidronate infusions but swapped a while ago to Bondronat tablets. Hope you get the pain sorted as soon as possible.