is this normal?!

so im asking for my friend, she is 17 years old and about 2 months ago she found a kind of thickening in her left breast. she went to the doctors about it and the doctor said she didnt feel anything but my friend could definitely feel something so she went back and it was a different doctor and she said she could feel it but she wasnt worried about it but sent her to the breast clinic anyway just to be safe. i should also mention that she was getting the odd throbbing/stabbing/burning pains in her breasts and they were not related to her period as they would just come and go every day. she went to the breast clinic about 3 weeks ago and the doctor examined her and said he didn’t feel anything abnormal but he would send her for an ultrasound anyway. (also when she went to the breast clinic by the time she got an appointment she had found another thickening in her right breast) the ultrasound results came back as just very thick breast tissue which the doctor told her was normal for her age but she forgot to ask if it was normal for these pains as she is still getting them and isnt sure if this is normal for just thick breast tissue to cause? sorry if these seems like a silly question, would really appreciate any help, thank you!

Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care Discussion Forums. I’m sure other forum users will be along soon to offer support but in the meantime I thought it might be helpful to post a link the the Worried about breast Cancer section of the main BCC website which has a lot of information which may be of help to your friend, including links to information aimed at teenagers and younger women:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried

Please do also give her the Helpline number if she (or you on her behalf) would like to talk to someone in confidence. It offers support and information, Tel 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 10am-2pm).

With best wishes

Anna, BCC Facilitator