Issues

Hi everyone, glad to find a forum…I am lucky…caught my Stage 0 breast cancer, no lymph nodes involved. Two lumpectomies later, (as a 1 mm spot remained) 20 sessions of radiation, n now on Letrozole 2.5 mg. Radiation done end of February, n on Letrozole daily. Feeling really tired n stomach unsettled. Taking it at night but no difference. Also, trying to do my own scar tissue massage with vitamin E cream.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @hydrangea

It is full of kind, helpful people and I hope you find the support you are looking for.

I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the side effects you’re experiencing, I am sure that many people here can empathise.

Please know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

Sending our warmest,
Lucy

1 Like

Hello @hydrangea

On the Going through Treatment Section there are sub sections on Radiotherapy and Hormone Therapy . You might find some of the threads on there useful. I only had 5 radio treatments but still experienced some fatigue and nausea and had side effects from Anastrozole though not an unsettled tummy - but I have replied to a post about this issue somewhere . I would suggest contacting your BCN re your tiredness and also if you are having problems with your scar - I remember mine was quite lumpy for a while . If you are worried you might be able to get an appointment for your BCN to assess your breast and you could explain how you are feeling as well.

A lady in my support group was having a lot of problems with a lumpy swollen breast and managed to find a therapist to do the massage though it was private . If you contact Mac Millan they sometimes have therapies available for cancer patients that might help. I would also recommend the Holistic Needs Assessment which you should have been offered via your BCN and also you’re at about the right stage to be thinking of doing a Moving Forwards course which many of us have got a lot of benefit from.

I have found that food and drink containing ginger is very good for an unsettled stomach and I eat and drink a lot of foods with friendly live bacteria / probiotics now .

Hope you get some improvement soon . Xx

Hi Joanne, thank you for all the great info…I contacted my Hormone oncologist re: fatigue/stomach n he’s going to run some bloodwork, which I wanted to check too. Im also going to look for a Naturopathic Dr to get my gut/energy level back. Be well😊

1 Like

Thank you Lucy!

1 Like