JAN RADS

Hi everyone, I’ve only just found this site and have been reading the posts. I had my planning appointment on Monday and am due to start rads next Wednesday for 15 sessions. I am not due to start tamoxifen until after rads. I am now wondering why, when lots of you are starting it during rads. I have not had chemotherapy. 

Well I had my first treatment yesterday so felt a bit better about it today - and I have to go tomorrow (Saturday because it started on a Thursday!). Can’t say I’m actually enjoying the experience and still feel as though it is all happening to someone else!

Am using the Doublebase gel as recommended so hope it works it’s magic!

The staff are really kind and professional, so I do feel that I am in good hands. Roll on 2nd Feb (my last one).

Hi everyone 

Had a day off today (went in last Saturday instead ) as they are putting in a new machine or taking the old one out 

It’s been so nice not to go anywhere 

My boob has a bit of a blush colour after 12 sessions & a little bit of pain in the nipple area but skin still  intact :relaxed:

I seem to have settled with the tamoxifen no night sweats for a few days but my brand has changed so maybe that’s it don’t know 

It really has shown this week how lucky we are with all these legends dying from ca then you know there’s even more ordinary people like us that have been so lucky … isn’t it weird knowing you are a survivor of this horrible disease 

Anyway now I’ve depressed you all ill go 

Glad you’ve decided to have next week off Nicky it is tiring 

Good news Tat and hello Alicat 

Di xx

Hi all, had my 7th of 20 today. Boob is a bit pink now…interestingly it developed over the weekend rather than after my treatment on Fri.

I’ve found my sleep going in the opposite direction Nicki! Was bad for the first few days on the Tamoxifen, then settled down to once a night and back to sleep easily, last couple of nights have been worse again. All still early days though, so just need to chill about it I think. And it doesn’t really matter all the while I’m not at work so can just laze about or nap during the day as needed.

Hope everyone else is doing ok X

Had my planning appt today and start rads 2nd Feb, finishing 17th March!  Thank you for allowing me to be a visitor to your thread, ladies.  All the best with the rest of your rads and side effects.  Tat xx

Good luck Tat, I will dip into your Feb thread when you start to see how you get on. Hope it goes ok X

Good luck Tat hope everything goes smoothly. . Only 7 more to go thank goodness … boob is holding out ok I wonder if the booster sessions for the last 5 will make a difference though. . Trying not to nap except the occasional cat nap as probably wouldn’t sleep at night, my partner thinks I’m too hard on myself 

Hope the rest the week goes well ladies

Di xx

11 down now for me, finally more behind me than in front.  Just started to get a little tender and some itching too but using E45 seems to,be helping.

Hot flushes are still a pain in the bum, never sleep for more than an hour or two before waking up with flushes, last night I saw every hour.  I have decided to try accupunture which my oncologist suggested, my referral went in last Friday and I’m hoping to be contacted soon.

i returned to work this week albeit very reduced hours for now, it’s great getting some normality back in my life again, it’s been a long 6 months.

Dizzy xx

#10 today so halfway through - 5 normal and 5 booster to come. Skin still fine and no major fatigue (having a nap some days but that’s because I’m not sleeping well from the Tamoxifen rather than rads).

X

Having my booster tomorrow & Saturday then last 3 next week … boob is holding up well hopefully do ok through the next stage 

I don’t know whether my body has got used to it but I changed my brand of tamoxifen last time & now I have hardly any night sweats … I have been on it since October as my surgeon told me to start it straight away .

Not long now Nickif! !

Di xx

Di what brand are you on now, and do you get any other side effects? X

Hi!  I’ve just joined the forum interesting in reading useful the threads.  I had my op in October, clear margins, lymphs were clear so fortunately no chemo (went through that with bowel cancer in 2013).  Been on Letrozole for 12 weeks and so far no side effects - long may that last!   Because of Christmas my radiotherapy didan’t start until Jan 19 just had 5th of 15 today at Brighton.   Been using E45 religiously starting before treatment, what do people know about also using aloe vera?  Also has anyone had skin trouble on their back, been told one of the beams is angled with an exit point on my back and to use cream if I can reach it.  Sorry about questions 

Hi StayingCheerful, welcome. That’s interesting about your back as I’ve been getting stabbing pains in my shoulder blade which I assumed was muscular from having my arm above my head…but maybe it’s related to the exit point?!

I’m in Brighton too…first thing in the morning though, what time are you there? Re cream they said to me anything which moisturises is fine, just not aqueous cream (I.e with SLS) because latest evidence is that it actually causes skin to dry out! I think aloe Vera is nice and cooling if you feel a bit burnt. I’m using E45 lotion and so far (I’ve had 12 of 20) so good.

Ele x

That’s a shame re timing…mine are all before 9 so although it was a shock to the system having to get up and across town so early, they’ve mostly been bang on time and I’ve been able to park in the roads opposite free/unrestricted because I’m gone by 9!

The team are absolutely lovely at the Sussex though aren’t they?

I had no idea you could get Aloe Vera gel directly from the plant!

Hope the rest of yours go well x

Well last boost tomorrow can’t quite believe it’s nearly all over after 5 long months from diagnosis to end of treatment … nice bottle of pink bollinger in the fridge :relaxed: as I’ve also done dry January well sort of lol

The tamoxifen I’m on now is genesis only have a flush or a night sweat every other day now the brand I was on is actavis & had sweats every day especially at night … but could be judt everything settling down after 3 months on it 

My last one is 2.35 Nickif so just before you,  if it’s on time by then which it probably won’t … learnt by who was working whether it was going to be late … on Saturday got called in early then I realised why when I saw the team that was on,  anyone else found this ?

Good luck to everyone else still to finish nearly there 

Di xx

Well that’s me done a bit surreal handing in my tunic … A long 5 months but finally over

Di xx

Well done Didi ,it’s a bit of a marathon but you did it,it’s a weird feeling when you finish active treatment .

I drank whole bottle of bubbly myself and burnt my bra in the bbq to mark the occasion .(I had to wear bra through rads due to floppy boobs!!!).

It’s a good feeling,enjoy your celebration Sat night Nicki.

Congratulations Didi and Nicki, enjoy celebrating :slight_smile:  Hugs, tat xx