Joint and muscle pain

Has anyone tried omega 3 capsules to help with joint and muscle pain from anastrozole, and if so, has it helped. Thanks x

Hi Rosem

Yes and itā€™s a ā€˜specialā€™ omega 3 oil taken directly from the algae the fish dine on, thus eliminating the poor fish from the chain. Iā€™ve noticed no change but it is early days. In the meantime, being in agony, I saw my GP whoā€™s sent me for a raft of blood tests that might indicate causes, rather than just blaming the anastrozole (or zometa infusion). His view was that chemotherapy and hormone therapy may trigger auto-immune responses that actually cause the joint and muscle pain and thereā€™s no need to put up with it. Iā€™m awaiting the results (and trying acupuncture) before giving up in despair!

rosem

I havenā€™t tried (I am on letrozole, slightly different, but similar joint pain side effect.)Ā  Only because my oncologist said that omega 3 or any fish oil wasnā€™t worth it whilst on letrozole.Ā  I confess I didnā€™t ask any further questions, and assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the effect of letrozole in inhibiting oestrogen was so complete that any supplements wouldnā€™t work.Ā  It will be interesting to hear from Jaybro after she has been on her supplements for longer.

xx

Hi Rosem

I too have joint pain, fingers, elbows, knees & hips. My chemo finished in December and I wondered if it was a late side effect (pain started in March), spoke to a chemo nurse who said it wasnā€™t anything to do with chemo and it sounded like rheumatoid arthritis! Had a blood test as my gp also thought it sounded like r.a, the blood test showed a possibility of lack of vitamin b12 but I need another blood test to check this but because of Covid they donā€™t want me going to the surgery.Ā 
First thing in a morning I canā€™t bend my fingers and I hobble about a bit but once I get moving it eases. I wondered if I should take some kind of supplement but not sure. Iā€™m not on any medication apart from Thyroxine for my under active thyroid.

If itā€™s not one thing itā€™s another :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Hi.Ā  Thank you for sharing your troubles. I had stage 2 ductile breast cancer. I finished chemo, r therapy 1st Aug and feel like I have the body of a very old woman. My joints hurt especially my right hip. The pain is severe at times, even if I press on it the surrounding muscle hurt. I can go for a long walk with no problemsĀ  (which i do daily) but sit down for 5mins and I struggle to get up. Iā€™m hoping this will go of its own accord but if anyone else has had this problem can you please advise me what I can do. I canā€™t return to work like this. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi all

Since I put my original post regarding aching joints I have seen a rheumatologist and been told that they think I have mild inflammatory arthritis which they think could be something to do with chemo, cells attacking cells I think she said. Great!!! Theyā€™ve given me a prescription for Hydroxychloroquine which was used as drug for malaria prevention. Iā€™m not that keen on taking it tbh, it can take a few months to start working but if it helps the pain, I might give it a go, there are the usual side effects and some different ones i.e bleaching hair and hair loss, tinnitus & visual issues but she said sheā€™d never seen any of these issues.

HiĀ Cara247 and Sally63,

The Anthony William cleans I did was the one called ā€œThe Original 3:6:9 Cleanseā€ in the ā€˜Cleanse To Healā€™ book on pages 109-129.

Would you also be interested in trying a daily routine (for free) that I have put together to help rebuild mind, body, and soul following cancer treatments? It has been very useful for me and I would like to share it with others. If so, please contact me at reactivatemyself@gmail.com.

Hi Iā€™m new to the forum but am so so SO pleased I have found these posts. I finished chemo end August and RT end September. I started Anastrazole September. Since then my aches have just got worse. I was 50 in October but my body feels like it belongs toĀ  90 year old! My oncologist blamed it on the Anastrazole and I have been off these for a month but no change. Am meant to start Letrozole this week. Not sure I can cope with living in this pain for 10 years. Am trying Turkey Tail and Reishi mushroom tablets.Ā 

@Sally63Ā @rosemĀ @hadid23Ā @WassoscaredĀ @m123Ā Hi all just want to share this alternative approach in chronic pain it is called somatic equine therapy thought I might share thisĀ equineguidance.com/Ā Thank you.