June 2018 Radiotherapy

*numb not Mum x

Im a June lady as well x Hi everyone ?
Start on the 13th for 15 rounds and then 3 boosters.

You are all so wonderful and helpful.
It was at the end of the first week of a new job that i got my diagnosis!! So not just the new job to get my head around but all these going on’s as well.
Everything has been a whirlwind and part of my brain has still not fully processed all thats going on.

Thank you so much for the advice that I’ve picked up in here. I have my group consultation tomorrow morning so hopefully during that they’ll give me heaps of info and inside information!!!

Please all take care of yourselves xxxx

Hi Ladies,

I had treatment 10 of 15 today, I’ve been very lucky so far in that I’ve had no s/e, I’m expecting them to hit me like a train but taking it one day at a time.

So glad I have found this forum, it’s full of useful information and some great tips.

I still can not believe I have found myself on this journey, when I speak about it it’s like I’m talking about someone else,

?‍♀️

You are all so wonderful and helpful.
It was at the end of the first week of a new job that i got my diagnosis!! So not just the new job to get my head around but all these going on’s as well.
Everything has been a whirlwind and part of my brain has still not fully processed all thats going on.

Thank you so much for the advice that I’ve picked up in here. I have my group consultation tomorrow morning so hopefully during that they’ll give me heaps of info and inside information!!!

Please all take care of yourselves xxxx

Had treatment 5/15 today. A friend took me through, felt almost embarrassed about the 80 mile round trip for 10 minutes of treatment, nice to have some company though ?

Hi all

I’ve had 10 treatments now and started with a skin rash a couple of days ago with some irritation. Dr says its sunsensitivity due to radio therapy. Left breast and armpit being more irritated (thats my target area).

My lymph node scar is constantly rubbung on my bra’s as well - spent a fortune to date to find something that doesn’t rub.

Feeling fed up ?

1 down 19 to go. And counting. All went fine 15 mins beginning to end and re measured also and still the same thankfully.

Hi DCB

Just catching up on the thread…I haven’t started yet but when I saw the consultant the other day and asked about exercise she said you ca do anything but absolutely no swimming or jacuzzis. Apparently they don’t want you anywhere where people pee!!!

Starfire have they given you something other than Tamoxifen? Xx

Dealdoh and Luzxielou42

I’ve started leaving my bra off as much as possible now unless I get really uncomfortable.

Had my surgery April 9th.

There just always seems something else to see the dr abt at the moment!

Hi.  Just hopping over from the May thread as I’m all done now, but I second the ‘going bra-less as much as possible if you can’ recommendation.  I ended up wearing a double layer of lycra vests to at least give myself some support and it was infinitely more comfortable than a bra around the armpit area.  

Goodl luck to everyone on the June thread!   Meanwhile, keep up the fluid intake as it does really make a difference to fatigue / hydration levels!

Hi All

Quick update. I’ve had 12 of 15 now. Nipple is super sensitive/warm now. Like it’s had too much sun (true I guess!). Any suggestions?? It’s well moisturised.

No other symptoms except skin darkening. Shoulders will be glad to stop that diving positioning.
I agree about drinking lots of water. I’ve only had 1 episode of fatigue so far. Travel is tiring of course. 

3 to go! Yay

The group induction was really good. There were 5 of us in total, walked round the whole unit and got to see one of the machines close up while it was undergoing a service. We also had a powerpoint presentation that answered everthing i could have wanted.
Broke down in tears only twice, everything has happened so quickly that i think its now that its all sinking in.
I was going to try and carry on working and had booked my rads for early evening, but i decided yesterday (after a panic attack in Central London) that i cant do it and need the time away from the stress of a new job, to concentrate on getting through this.
Im well armed with lots of Aloe Vera products to keep me moisturised and the bio-oil has been amazing on nipple and lympnode sites. My surgeons did a fantastic job stitching me back together!!
First rad on Wednesday. 15 then 3 boosters. 70 mile round trip!!!
Look after yourselves xx

Hi Everyone, Thanks so much for all your comments and experiences - its really helpful to read.  I am waiting to start RT  and trying to keep up a normal(?) range of non hospital activities haha!  Hoping I can still do things whilst having RT and from your comments - there is a good chance! Thank you all. x

7/15 done, doing ok, always fall asleep when I get home but managing most other normal activity. Helps to have a lift sometimes. Looking forward to a weekend break! X

Well done Lizzie! Thanks for telling us, I shall think of you next week.

Strange question alert - are your tattoos the same size?  The one in mid cleavage is much bigger than the one on the side!

Also has anyone else got breast cording like me? I know axillary cording is common and I was warned about that, but I actually have a vertical cord right through my breast and I cannot for the life of me find anything on Google ?

4 sleeps until I start my radiotherapy and the boob/s have been creamed beyond belief!

Hi sunflower. Glad all is going ok. One day behind you and have similar twinge in exactly the same
Placeas you and as you say it has been there since surgery. I think the boob is still recovering and nerves sorting themselves out and the zap something else happens so maybe a combination of things. I noticed this
Morning and only had 3 zaps a distinct mark around my nipple bottom of, about 3 inch semi circle. I asked is under arm wavering zapped and they said no just the whole breat. When the machine comes down to the left side it almost goes to the floor which leads me to thing that is zapping the lower part of my boob then it swings to the right and right in my face so thinking that is zappingthe top half. Always feel a bit rushed so dont ask to many questions and try and make it one a day. Stepped straight out of the changing room on Friday and nurse was at the door waiting for me. Hubby thought I had got locked in the changing room. 17 more to go and no doubt will see and feel some changes next week. I seem to be on a mission at the moment keeping the fatigue monster away. Ha e a good week end all.

Hope everyone is having a peaceful weekend.

3 more sleeps till i start my 18 rounds. Dead scared about how it will all affect me!!! I’ve requested to be signed off sick while the treatment happens and now im wondering if work could have done something to accommodate me rather then stressing me out!

My mind is all over the place…

Hi lilac. I have had 3/20 and taking each day as it comes. My appointments are all late afternoon and still working albeit from home but doing a 6/7 hour day and have done since surgery. I would go into the office daily but it’s a 100 mil round trip and boss won’t allow! I dont know how I am going to feel this time next week but image slowing cooking and starting to glow and will do working hours to suit. Hope this helps. Speak to work see what they say.