Just found out i’m pregnant after one year on tamoxifen!

Hi all,

I haven’t written on here since going through my treatment but in a nutshell I was diagnosed with DCIS Her2+ in May 2017 and had chemo, mastecotomy and radio plus a year of herceptin. I have been on tamoxifen for year, and two days ago found out i’m pregnant! I am 34 and already have a 2.5 year old daughter. My husband and I would love another child and never thought we would have the chance so obviously this is a massive shock. It took us 4 years to have our daughter! My first thought is I will need to have a termination due to it being too risky but maybe this is a gift after everything we have been through?

They recommend taking tamoxifen for a minimum of two years before stopping to concieve. We are seeing my oncologist on Thursday. For now I have stopped taking tamoxifen until we make a decision.

Any help or advice would be appreciated :frowning:

Gosh Pink what a rollercoaster of emotions for you - keeping everything crossed that things work out for you - I can’t offer any advice but just wanted to wish you good luck .Jill x

unfortunately can’t help with any advice, but the same want to wish a good luck! let everything will be ok <3

I’m sorry you had had to go through this Pink. What did you have decided?

I’m at the same age and have no child. Now I don’t want to have one, but I think that this choice was taken from me since I’ll be 44 when I finisefi on Tamoxifen, which I’m starting now. Did you have any side effects?

Wish you good luck.

Carol

Hi there, I truly hope everything turns out positive for you and your family. Lots of love xxxxx