just had surgery on left breast been home for three weeks is there anybody out there like me ?

Hi I am new member not done this before. Would like to talk to someone. 

Like me ? 

Hello Foxglove2

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

We also have a service whereby you can talk to a volunteer by phone or email who has been through a similar situation as yourself, this is called ‘Someone Like Me’ , here is a link to the service if you would like more details. breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/one-one-support.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Foxglove, welcome to this amazing site. If you want to share as much of your story as you’re comfortable with and ask any questions you have, there is bound to be someone who has had similar experience. We get very used to sharing some deeply personal stuff on here and know we all get it!
Hugs,
Kitt
X

Like the other say …There are a few of us. I have had a mastectomy and immediate Ld reconstruction two weeks ago. Feel free to share or ask questions. We are all here to support each other. Or if you would prefer then private message. I for one don’t mind anyone messaging me.
x

Hi there
I too am new to this, posted on here once before during chemo but not since.
I too have just had surgery on left breast, WLE and SNB, 2 weeks ago.
Just radiotherapy to go and then all sorted!!! If only ?.
I have found comfort in reading about other people’s experiences and that in itself makes you fell as though you are not alone, despite not actually knowing anyone.

Am happy for a private message even though not sure how it all works ?

Take care
Karen

Hi Karen, welcome ?
You might want to PM if there is something you prefer not to share on an open forum but this really is a safe space. Just click the name of the person you want to message and under “contact me” at the right of the screen is an option to send a personal message. I think we all learn so much and take such comfort from reading each other’s posts.
I had my WLE & SNB in late November and finished my rads 7 weeks ago - unlike you I didn’t need chemo but there really is light at the end of the tunnel!
Hugs,
Kitt
X

Thank you all for your lovely messages   Its so nice to hear from you 

Hi Foxglove,
You’ll definitely find plenty of ladies on here in the same position as yourself. Once you get the hang of your tablet you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it … life without Candy Crush … unthinkable! ?
Hope your recovery is going smoothly and you are being kind to yourself.
Kitt
X

Just want to wish you all the very best you are where I was 5 years ago having had mx, facing 3 fec3 tax chemo and 15 radio. I now have diep recon. nipple recon (waiting tattoo) and in two weeks will hit my 5 year all clear. Its tough but so are we all who are going through this. look after yourselves, try to keep your sense of humour trust me you’ll need it.

Good luck all take care x

Hi Foxglove, hope that goes well for you - I realise how lucky I was to get away without complications during my treatment!
You do, of course, realise that this entitles you to an extra Easter egg tomorrow, don’t you?!
Kitt
X