Just want a break!

38 year old mum here and I’ve found a painful lump in my breast/side of armpit like the size of a pea. I noticed it last month also but boiled it down to being on my period which has just started now again. I’m going to the doctors tomorrow but I just can’t take this anymore. I’ve only just been given the all clear for bowel cancer and now this! It doesn’t help that I’ve got severe health anxiety that’s making me fear the worst :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh @inediblefairy what flipping (or something beginning with f) bad luck. Thank god you’ve got your doctor’s appointment tomorrow so this can get sorted. Most lumps aren’t cancer. They can be cysts, fibroadenomas, micro calcifications, enlarged lymph node which is draining an infection and other things. Speaking as another person with pretty bad health anxiety, I know that it’s natural to go to the worst case scenario particularly after your latest brush with bowel cancer so I’m not going to say to you that you should think positive thoughts as I know it’s impossible at the moment. But there is a strong possibility that this is not breast cancer. Do come back and update us after your appointment in case we can be of more support.

2 Likes

Sorry that you find yourself here @inediblefairy

Your GP will check you out tomorrow and if they feel there is anything to be concerned about they will refer you to a breast clinic. If they say it’s nothing to worry about, you can walk away relieved.

It’s great news that you have been given the all clear for bowel cancer and totally understand that you may be more anxious about the lump you have found. As @Tigress says not all lumps are cancer and you won’t know until you’ve been checked.

Do something you enjoy this evening and try to get a good nights sleep.

This forum is so supportive to those with breast cancer and we are here for you if you need us.

Take care :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks tigress! I just can’t see to catch a break! I’m so tired of worrying!

1 Like

This will be my third breast scare! First was a fibroidenoma and second was just normal tissue x

1 Like