Last part of “My Journey”

Hello everyone,

I’ve finally reached the radiotherapy stage!
It’s been a long process (Journey!!)
But my shitty Titty will finally be gone!

Ive had a lumpectomy for a hormone positive grade 3 IDC.
I’ve been through lots of waiting, healing, talking, crying and overthinking.
But I’ve also realised and grateful to be alive and my mindset has definitely changed. (Counselling has helped)

Had my Radio planning meeting and start on the 18th of March for 9 sessions @ the N&N.
I’ve also started my tamoxifen and been taking them for 2 weeks. A few side effects, tiredness and hot flushes but that’s it really. Oh and a few hormonal rants!

This forum helped me so much when I was initially diagnosed and it helped my anxiety and mental health….Thank you everyone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I am going to do a Look good course and plan to visit my local “Big C” for support group and complementary therapy :blush:

I love a glass of wine of a weekend and will not give this up, but I work hard and do exercise regularly (mood dependent at the minute!)

I just wanted to share, and wish you all well with everything you are all going through. :heart:

Leigh
Xx

16 Likes

@positivepants1 just wanted to send you a big hug. Stay strong, you’ve got this xx

1 Like

Hi @positivepants1 good luck with this final bit of your treatment! Great to hear from people like you who have stayed the course and got through most if it. I have a 2cm idc, as yet unknown stage/grade and still awaiting op date and a bit up and down to say the least! Knowing people like you are finally getting there does help! I love the humour on here too (shitty titty :joy:). Take care and stick with it, you’re a good role model :+1: xx

1 Like

Well done @positivepants1 good to hear from you and that you are doing so well . Wishing you all the best for your radiotherapy and beyond. Xx

1 Like

Congratulations :heart::tada:!

1 Like