Lesion on MRI - ultrasound biopsy on Thurs

Hello everyone,
My name is Jojo and I am new here… and really hoping for some support, I guess?
I had an MRI recently to investigate suspected duct ectasia and today I got a call to say something suspicious was seen and I have to go back on Thursday for an ultrasound and biopsy. If they cannot see the lesion on the ultrasound I will have to have an MRI guided biopsy (although probably not the same day).
I’m terrified! Particularly because I had a chest CT recently (for another reason), which showed four tiny nodules which the chest radiologist said were not a worry. But I am so so worried they might be secondaries.
My breast consultant says that it is not at all likely as the lesion in mt breast is v small, and almost certainly early stage if cancer, but I just can’t think straight and can’t stop crying. I have four small children to look after so am holding it together for them… but thought some of you lovely ladies might understand …??xxx

Hi Jojo,

Welcome anyway, although this is always such a difficult time when waiting for results. Inevitably, the mind goes into overdrive, we’ve all been there.

Try & hang onto what was said to you about the ct scan, these things do get picked up but they may have always been there & mostly it turns out to be nothing serious. Also, your breast surgeon sounds reassuring. 

It’s so good they are being thorough, although the uncertainty is the pits, but even IF it is bc, treatment & outcomes are very good now.

let us know how you get on & come & chat whenever you need to. 

ann x

Thank you Ann! I honestly don’t know how people coped before these forums, just being on here, reading people’s friendly words, helps so much…
Thank you
X

Hi JoJo
Waiting for results is the worse bit-I had imagined every scenario possible and was absolutely certain that I had two weeks to live.Your mind just goes off on its own and the panic consumes you.This forum is brilliant and coming on here helped me so much-I cannot put it into words adequately enough.Just try to take it one day at a time-not easy-but I had to learn how to do that or I would have gone mad.Try not to overthink or let your mind take over because the panic is horrible and you just do not know WHAT to do with your self.Keep busy-read/clean the house/tidy up/watch TV,I did anything to keep my mind occupied.Remember that you are in the best place and whatever it is,something is being done to help you and treatment is so so good.
Keep your chin up and lots of love and hugs xxx

Thank you so much Bolly and yes that is EXACTLY what it is like! Mind thinking the worst, not knowing WHAT to do with myself, unable to function really. Just trying to pull my brain away from it is such an effort.
I had the ultrasound yesterday, where they hoped to perform the biopsy, but the radiologist could not find the lesion (on mammogram or ultrasound) - even though she knew exactly where to look from the MRI scan (immediately behind the nipple). So that means I have to have an MRI guided biopsy next week. More waiting!!?

But she did say she now thinks it is more likely to be benign (20% chance of malignancy she said), perhaps an inflammatory response to some duct ecstasia (which she could see). Also, she reassured me that if it is cancer it is almost certainly very early, so that made me feel so much better. Although of course my anxiety will be super difficult to control while I am waiting for the results…
Thank you so much for being out there
Xxx

Dear Helena,
That is such a lovely and encouraging story to hear, thank you. I am so glad you are back to enjoying life again. That is just the sort of thing I need to hear. Yes and yay for screening! Xxx

So I had an MRI guided biopsy and the radiologist was HORRID and not at all reassuring and now I am in that hellish limbo of waiting for the results. I’m sure lots of you can relate… I’m pretty sure the news is not going to be good and how will I - and my family - cope? ???

Hi Jojo,
There are health professionals who dont communicate well or have an awkward manner, so dont read anything into it & its certainly a pain when it happens.
The uncertainty when waiting is the worst part of this, so I found when going through it, that it helped to take it a stage at a time & to try to not let the mind race ahead.
It may well be all ok, but if it is bc, then you will deal with, we all do & there’s loads of support here should that happen.
ann x

Thank you Ann. This site is a godsend. A lot of people have said the waiting is the worst bit and in a funny way I find that encouraging. I’m sure I will fall apart at a cancer diagnosis, initially anyway, but I see from here that life goes on… and eventually people start thinking about normal stuff again … yay! Thank you for being here xxx

I got my results back today and they were benign!! I a chronic inflammatory condition in my ducts which may require a small operation but no cancer was found.

I am so relieved but also grateful to the lovely ladies on this forum. Had my results been positive for cancer, should they be in the future, I know I would - will - gain so much support on here. Good luck to all and THANK YOU ?

Fabulous news JoJo!!!
Wishing you all the very best,
Love and big hugs X

And lots of hugs to all of you! Your warmth and strength has been inspiring to me over these past few weeks. This club is not one anyone chooses to join, but so many of us do at some point in our lives, and I can see now that there are worse places to be.
Xxx