lesions on liver

hi to all,i had a ct scan last week because of neck pain but this came back negative,they suggest it may be arthritis,but they found lesions on my liver.has anyone had similar which hasnt turned out to be a secondary cancer??trying to stay positive but its difficult,now have to wait for ultrasound appointment,its all waiting,waiting,waiting which ive never been really good at!would appreciate any input.thanx.xxx

Hi

I didn’t have lesions on liver but vertebra where they concluded after bone
scan and MRI that it’s “probably” not a met, but I have spoken to a
man recently who was sitting beside me getting chemo with lung cancer who had
lesions on his liver at time of diagnosis they thought was mets, but after
another scan three or so chemos later they concluded it wasn’t mets after all.
I have read from other ladies on the forum who have liver lesions that turn out
to be cysts. I so understand your worry but yes please stay positive till you
get the result from the ultrasound.
all the best,
Christine

Hi dib,
Seven years ago an ultrasound scan found 4 lesions on my liver (long before bc hit me). CT scan ten days later showed 3 cysts and a haemangioma - all completely benign. I might add that this was done in France where the results are given to you on the spot!
I discovered that a large percentage of people have liver cysts but they are only discovered during a scan for something else since they rarely cause symptoms or problems.
I wish you all the best. I know how scared I was before the CT scan and I know how bc leaves us terrified of any new development.
Sending hugs,
Kathleen

thankyou for your replies,yesterday i found a new pea size lump about an inch below my armpit so have extra worry now,hate this bloody disease,wishing you all the best,Di.

I’ve just been in a similar situation where CT scan to check internal mammary lymph nodes found a lesion on the liver. Surgeon was fairly sure it was benign, but I had MRI last week to confirm this and it was a hemangioma. If it’s of any help, most of them seem to be benign. Hope you get your ultrasound soon and it turns out OK.

Di
As others have said, many lesions turn out to be nothing to worry about and CT scans can be unclear (hence the U/S). Unfortunately my lesions turned out to be mets but there are many, many others who find there is nothing to worry about.
Hoping it’s all good news for you and yes waiting is the absolute pits!
Laurie x

Hi Dib,

Hi Dib

As well as the support you are receiving here if you would like to talk things through with someone the helpline will be open again on Tueday at 9am. Here you can share your feelings and concerns with a trained member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are normally open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

thanx to all for your replies,its hard not to think the worst isnt it,but i am more hopeful now,still waiting for scan date,wish things didnt take so long.good luck to you all,thanx Di

Hi all, i have recently been told that i have bone mets in spine, had ct and they told me everything else was clear. Off to clinic i trotted only to be told that on my spinal MRI they could see part of my liver and that it had lesions on, I’m gutted the MRI was dine before the CT scan, now waiting for MRI for my liver.

Jo Debcat
Sorry to hear about your secondary diagnosis, so to try to help a little I have put below the links to some of BCC’s publications you may find helpful. You might also like to join Secondary Live Chat on Tuesday nights where I am sure you will also get some good support from others going through similar diagnosis to yourself. Secondary Live Chat starts at 8.30pm - 9.30pm every Tuesday, just follow the links.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-breast-cancer-bcc58
www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/secondary-breast-cancer/secondary-resource-pack-bcc173

Hope these help. Take care,
Jo, Facilitator