Letrozole - a strange one

I’ve been taking Letrozole for two months now and was struggling with constantly falling asleep. So I decided to take it at night which has helped and I’m sleeping well and awake during the day. However for the past week I have been having nasty dreams, not nightmares but very deep and upsetting dreams. I was seeing my BCN yesterday for something else and mentioned the “dreams”. I was told it is a side effect of Letrozole - yikes five years of these dreams. Has anybody come up with anything to help apart from getting up at 4a.m. which is when I seem to have them.

1 Like

Could you try adjusting the timing to slightly earlier ? You tend to get these vivid dreams when you hit a certain type of deep sleep , maybe if Letrozole kicks in at a different point in the evening / night it might help . Our bodies do also tend to adjust to the drugs over time and hopefully lessen side effects . Other options would be to ask your oncologist if you can try one of the other AIs or Tamoxifen which might agree with you better if it doesn’t resolve over time.

1 Like

I didn’t have the dreams but i was waking up at 2am every night and struggled to get back to sleep. I wss advised to try taking my tablets earlier so now take them around 7pm without any problems xx

1 Like

@Jill1998 and @tricia1919 thank you for that idea, I’m going to try taking them at 6 tonight and stay up a bit later. I guess it’s just trial and error. Hopefully sweet dreams all round tonight :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Beryl

2 Likes

Good luck !!

1 Like

Thanks @Jill1998 , think I’m going to need it. Incredibly tired today, up at 7 back in bed at 8 and slept for two hours. Just taken the earlier tablet now to stay awake until 11 :yawning_face::rofl:

1 Like

Lack of sleep is horrible , I really don’t cope well with less than I need .

1 Like

CBT gummies have solved my sleep issues. I will occasionally have weird dreams but they don’t disturb me and I can get to sleep right afterwards if they wake me up.

1 Like

I changed my times from about 9:30-10:00 to 5:30 -6:00 much better sleep experience

1 Like

That is steange. I am on exemestane and have been having the same weird dreams. I am taking mine in the morning but fi ding o am so tired during the day. I may try taking them in the evening to see of that makes a difference

1 Like

Hi @JoLowe - I took mine at 6pm last night the only difference I found was the dreams happened at 2 a.m. instead of 4a.m. Will persevere for a week and then if no better I’ll move it to 4pm. Trial and error I guess. The dreams are really weird and seem to involve people or events from way back.

Please let me know how you get on - perhaps between us we’ll get this sorted x

2 Likes

Snap! 4 night on letrozole, 4 dreams in a house I lived in 30yrs ago.

I’ve been taking it at 6 pm for a week now (had to set a reminder) and still having some strange dreams but not as bad. Still struggling with fatigue and have put on half a stone whilst still eating the same. But I am determined to give it a good try and hopefully it will all settle down. Hope you all win too xx

I’m coming up for a year on letrozole. No bad dreams but achey and tired out generally(could be the abemaciclib too) Had a cheeky large g and t in the late afternoon sun today. It feels like christmas! Hang on in there sisters and brothers, and enjoy the sunshine tomorrow if you can. Maybe i shouldn’t recommend the gin but it’s perked me up a treat tonight :thinking: :yum: x

1 Like