Letrozole and Fibroids

Hello everyone,
I shall be starting on Letrozole soon and wondered about its likely impact on my massive uterine fibroid. I am hoping it might help to shrink it but is that wishful thinking?
Is there anyone out there with fibroids who has or is taking Letrozole who could give me the benefit of their experience?
Many thanks Tulip x

Hi tulip

Yes, I had a large fibroid at the start of letrozole treatment. This year, when I had a hysteroscopy, there was no fibroids to be found!

Sue xx

Wow! That’s hugely encouraging. Worth taking the wretched Letrozole for that alone! xxx

1 Like

Well a whole year has passed since I first posted this question and I now know that after 11 months on Letrozole that my 8cm fibroid has grown to 11cm and another one has grown from nothing. I am puzzled. Does this mean the Letrozole isn’t doing its job? I am not sure whether to carry on with the letrozole now. Does anyone else on the forum have any experience of Letrozole or any other AI and fibroids or any insight as to why they have grown whilst on letrovzole. I am very confused and terribly disappointed. Love Tulip x

Hi tulip29, I was diagnosed with 15cm fibroid immediately before breast cancer. Surprisingly, even at that size, not causing me any problems, apart from looking 12 months pregnant with twins. For that reason, they decided to leave them alone. I was told they can shrink after menopause. I am 54 and perimenopausal. Been on tamoxifen since last April, but they still feel exactly the same. I did get quite excited at thought of tamoxifen helping, but they dont seem to be. Will see what the menopause does to them instead. X