Letrozole & depression

I’ve been on Letrozole for 5 years and waiting to be advised next steps from oncologist. On the whole I’ve had minor physical side effects, including vaginsl dryness now managed with YES products and I have some stubborn weight to shift, but my main concern is low mood. How much of this is the drug, continued shock or general ageing and estrogen suppression I don’t know. All I do know is that I’ve been l looking at menopause supplements which promise more energy etc but which all contain estrogen enhancers/ isoflavins which are inadvisable. Is there a ‘natural’ supplement I can take which won’t affect Letrozole and raise my mood? I’m 62, reasonably fit, recently retired and feeling a bit lost at a time when I should be feeling jubilant. Advice gratefully received!

2 Likes

Hi @TW142, I hope today is going well for you and that you’re finding the forum helpful.

If no other forum users have similar experiences to you, have you considered speaking to our team of breast care nurses? You can reach us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm) for a free, confidential chat. We’re always here to talk things through.

Sending our warmest wishes
Bernard