Letrozole night sweats

Hi was diagnosed with breast cancer in August 2022 had grade 2 invasive tumour dcis and high grade pre cancer cells (that’s not the name but can’t spell it ),so after having a wide lumpectomy then radiotherapy I’m struggling so much with sweats depression hot flushes brain fog you name it anyone got any advice on what to tale with letrozole to ease these symptoms xx

1 Like

Hi @jayney

I’m 4 weeks into Letrozole and have had night sweats and hot flushes since coming off HRT last April after finding a lump. The Letrozole is giving daytime flushes aswell.

This may be helpful as well as Dr Liz O’Riordans tamoxifen video as she discusses side effects which are similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjsjhe9jcCg

I was advised to avoid hot drinks and alcohol ( haven’t drunk since being on chemotherapy anyway) at night. I also tried clinical hypnotherapy via Penny Brohn charity, wasn’t great for me as I couldn’t concentrate.

Hope this helps a little. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi Jayney

I had the same problem with Letrozole, and was hardly able to sleep at all.

My GP prescribed a low dose (10mg) of Amitryptiline. It’s normally used in bigger doses as an antidepressant, or for pain relief, but seems to help with night sweats and insomnia. I take it with the Letrozole 30 minutes before bedtime. It’s been a massive game changer for me, I sleep all night and although I still have the brain fog, it’s not nearly so bad now I’m not sleep deprived too!

The only side effect I have is a dry mouth in the morning (I keep a large glass of water at the ready) I’ve been on Letrozole for 18 months now, and managing ok.

Hope this might help you XX