Letrozole versus anastrozole

I’ve had a 4 week break from letrozole, joint pain no better but my blood pressure which suddenly went up over a period of three months ( I had been taking letrozole for 2 and a half years at that point) has come down - I am taking blood pressure tablets since the rise in November. My oncologist and BC nurse suggest anastrozole but reading the side effects they look the same and as I only had joint pain and am not 100% sure the letrozole caused my BP to go up, I’m really unsure whether to try anastrozole or go back to letrozole. My question is has anyone been in a similar situation ? Thank you in advance x

Hi - I was on Letrozole from June 2023 for about 3 months, and then the side effects of painful joints, bloating/weight gain, and just generally feeling awful started. I think that all of these hormone therapy tablets have basically the same ingredients, so the side effects are also similar. I changed from Letrozole after only 3 months because of terrible knee joint pain and swelling of my already arthritic finger joints. Am now on Exemestane - since late November, but the joint pains are starting up again.
Sorry this is not much help to you but a frank discussion with your medical team/GP/Consultant should help you make the choice.
Wishing you all the very best.