Light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Hi, have just joined this forum today and am so so pleased I did.  Am so emotional and stressed most of the time thoughout this experience am surprised my hair didnt fall out on first diagnosis!!! It feels such a huge relief to actually know basically we all feel the same! when I was reading your posts I was crying and then actually laughing (feels like havnt done that in a while) as made me feel im not alone.  Its a strange one too this feeling alone as I have a wonderful family and friends but I realise that nobody understands unless youve really been through it.  I’ve had a double masectomy, my choice as was in both (different types too!!) I like to be different and started my first chemo two weeks ago, not wonderful but ive made it so far.  Am on day 14 now and hair rapidly falling out was feeling extremely low about it all but then reading some of your posts has really lifted me as realise so many of us are going through it and now feel, if you can do it, so can I!!!  I realise there is light at the end of the tunnel now as those of you who are further ahead give me strength to carry on. Ive just text my friend who is a hairdresser to come round tomorrow night to do the inevitable, so scared once again, wish me luck!!!   Much Love to everybody XX

Hi Bleachbabe, and welcome. It’s such a roller coaster but as you say, the is forum is such a support. Have you seen the chemotherapy monthly threads? They have been great. Take care and look after yourself, xx

Hi Bleachbabe,

i wish you you all the luck in the world for both your forthcoming treatment, and your new hair style. Chemo is a bummer, but you’ll get through it and when you do, you’ll look back and think “did that REALLY happen to little old me?” It all goes so quickly (but when you’re actually in the middle of it, it doesn’t seem like that!) although I must admit that loosing my hair was the most traumatic experience that I’ll ever go through. But my hair came back so quickly, that within 8 weeks of finishing chemo I felt confident enough to face the world without a wig or bandana. So stick in there and all the best!!

Sending big hugs, Ann x x 

Good luck for tomorrow. Mine lasted till day 17, and hubby clippered it. Actually felt good to take control and do it. Forum fab, deffo getting me through! X