Lighter side...

There’s no getting away from it, there are many dark moments to be had for those of us in the club nobody asks to join.  You only have to look at the times people post (commonly, early hours) and the tangible fears and desperation in the queries posted, to know.  But, as I have learned there are many moments of hilarity too. Think I’ve laughed and cried in pretty equal measure since becoming a club member.  So hope this makes you smile.  OH has named my falsie Doug the Jug.  Obviously the times I opt for being flat are Douglas!  Come on girls, share your funnies.  We all need a lift now and again. 

Hi DJD,

Thank you so much for sharing! I am sure some of our users will be along to share their ‘funnies’ and show their support soon. 

If you ever do find the dark moments diffcult to handle, please make use of our helpline by calling 0808 800 6000. Our clinical team will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi DJD,

yes, its good to laugh at times, often at silly things, but laughing does give us a liftxxx

Moijanx

Hi DJD I’m new to the forum was just having a look through and your post made me laugh? I was lying on the sofa watching television one night and realised I was at the one end of the sofa and my hair (wig) and false were at the other end, it tickled me so much I had to text my partner in work, he said I was mad but like you said wee have to laugh x keep strong ?

Well I do have a laugh everytime I see my black amd blue bruised nipple!!! who knew??? :slight_smile:

Hi

When I was having radiotherapy, they would often have the radio playing. One day, while I was lying there, I did have a little chuckle to myself as Frankie goes to Hollywood came on with their big hit ’ Relax’ and the very apt line of ’ hit me with your laser beam’!! Xx

Love it!

After my lumpectomy,  i was called in a week later to have a check up with the Surgeon and he had a prod and changed the dressing anouncing i was doing well. Left feeling all chuffed and came home ready to see my Dad who was coming over for tea. Chatting to my Dad i had this ‘full feeling’ in my mini boob like i used to at that time of the month, but then it got stronger and stronger and suddenly mini boob was GIANT boob! Called the hospital, who said they would call the surgeon and he would meet us at the hospital, it appears that all the examining and stuff had caused a bleed and i needed a drain fitted, which he did there and then.

I called the drain bottle Edward, (After Spangly Glittery Vampire Edward Cullen in Twilight), as he was a blood sucker!! It was the source of much amusement, he had his own bed in the drawer of my bedside table, and my friend sent me a Twilight bag to carry him around in at home, my friends son also made him a cape :smiley:

XX

I can’t match your stories I’m afraid but I have had a few hair (wig) raising moments, usually when wearing hats with brims - a sudden gust of wind can take off the hat and the wig with it. Probably the most embarrassing one was at Stonehenge. I was wearing a woolly hat over the wig this time, and it got caught on a twig sticking out of the doorway of one of the reconstructed Neolithic houses as I was coming out - off came the hat and wig! I had to dash back inside to put them back on. Fortunately some nice ladies were inside and helped me.

I also had a slightly funny / embarrassing moment when looking at the MRI scan with the oncologist towards the end of my chemotherapy. Up on the screen came images of both breasts with large fuzzy areas - I panicked and pointed to the screen saying ‘what’s all that?’ Oncologist replied ‘that’s normal breast tissue…’

Some really funny stories here ladies! I was in for my first chemo yesterday and at the end of the session the nurse came over to ask why I hadn’t gone yet, to which I replied “you asked me to stay and apply pressure to the cannula dressing so that is what I did”. The whole room burst out laughing!  

I’ll leave you with this thought for the day:

image.jpeg

<Empty imported post>