Little rise in markers, terrified

Hi everybody,

I know markers for somebody work, for somebody not…i’m talking about CA 15.3

Mine were high before the cure, and low when cancer was stable (i started Capecitabine September '23).

they were always about 20/23. Now they went up to 31.7

Normality is up to 31, but the 35% increase really scared me. I have a PET at the end of April, but I’m terrified.

Did anyone with a working markers history had an increase and it end up been nothing?

I know it is different to everyone, but i looking for some hope!

Thank you snd best wishes everyone!

2 Likes

Hi Amel, my marker started at 34 (a year ago). Since then it has been as low as 26 but goes up a little one month, down a little another month and is currently at 29. The oncologist is not worried and says this is what happens and this fluctuation is to be expected. I don’t know if this helps as we are all different, but wish you all the best. Maybe try to speak to someone about this and a Macmillan nurse might be able to help.

1 Like

You could also ask the nurses on this site (I’ve only just found this myself.) Latest Ask our Nurses your questions topics - Breast Cancer Now forum

1 Like

Thank you very much for your snswer!
It tranquillized me a little!

I’m glad it did. This whole journey can be terrifying at times. This forum is great for getting answers and reading about other people’s experiences. x

1 Like