Liverpool Area

I had my left breast removed 5 years ago last month.  I still take Tamoxifen every day, and it has been extended for another five years, which I am very pleased about.

I was exceedingly lucky.  I just happened to attend an open evening at the Liverpool Womens Hospital after a friend suggested supporting the Hospital, and there might even be a cup of tea in it!!  So, I went along, and I took my Mum and Aunt with me.  

Walking in to a large room full of people is never brilliant, especially when everyone else seems to know each other, but I had my Mum and Aunt with me, so looking round for either a seat, or something interesting, I spotted a breast cancer awareness ‘stall’ - table really.  It was being ‘manned’ by some ladies from a womens group called Soroptimist International Liverpool, and, being a Soroptimist myself, from Crosby, I went over and introduced myself.  

We had a laugh because they showed me ‘rubber boob’.  Horrible looking brown thing.  You hold it and feel it - it is suppose to feel like the real thing - and hidden within it are the signs of breast cancer.

The chocolate button

The grains of sand

The cotton threads

The pea

Things everyone should look out for every day.  I had a feel, had a laugh, had a cup of tea and took my Mum and Aunt home.  

Three months later on a Sunday morning I found a pea.  It appeared overnight.  Just like the ladies said it would.  

I was lucky.  Lucky as hell.  On Monday morning I was outside my doctors surgery waiting for them to open - again lucky - my doctor has free appointments from 8-9.00 am each weekday.  You have to wait, but I didnt mind.  I got the referral I wanted - to the local breast cancer clinic at Fazakerley Hospital in Aintree.  The date came through for the appointment whilst I was on holiday.  I got back off holiday on Saturday, went for my appointment on Tuesday, confirmed breast cancer on Thursday, had my operation a week later on Friday.  

I suspected I had a cyst for 23 days.  I knew I had breast cancer for 8 days!! 

I am checked twice a year, once by the surgeon, once by the Oncologist.

I moan about the checks every time.  I _ LOVE _ moaning about the checks :womanwink:- 45 mins to the hospital, 45 mins waiting, 3 mins with the doctor, 1 hr 15 mins home due to rush hour traffic.  What else have I got to moan about.  I am the luckiest person on the planet.  

I went to the womens hospital open evening.  I felt a rubber boob.  That was my education.  

I NEED HELP.  

I WANT TO BUY 1000 RUBBER BOOBS

I WANT TO FIND 1000 PLACES TO TAKE THOSE RUBBER BOOBS WHERE WOMEN (AND MEN - I saw men waiting to see doctors too), WHERE PEOPLE, CAN BENEFIT FROM THE EDUCATION OF BREAST CANCER AWARENESS AND WHAT TO LOOK FOR

Is there ANYONE out there that can help me find 1,000 Rubber Boobs???

Is there ANYONE out there who can sugest where I can give them away???

The fundraising I am doing to raise the money to buy the boobs is NOT what I want help with.  I want help buying the boobs and distribution of them once I have them

Happy Days to All

Annette