LONDON & GLASGOW FASHION SHOWS 2012

We are currently looking for people to model in our London and Glasgow fashion shows. Taking place in late September and early October these events are a celebration of the strength and courage of women and men who have had, or are living with breast cancer, as they take to the catwalk for the first time.

This is what Deborah Jackson (2011 London model) had to say ‘…what a wonderful experience, I would urge anyone thinking about it to go for it. It is a wonderful opportunity and unmissable, my friends and family are still talking about it.’never thought you could do something like this then you will surprise yourself, fundraising, making new friends and being pampered is all part of being a model for Breast Cancer Care. never thought you could do something like this then you will surprise yourself, fundraising, making new friends and being pampered is all part of being a model for Breast Cancer Care.

We are looking for people of all shapes, sizes, locations and backgrounds so, if you think you or someone you know has what it takes to strut their stuff down the catwalk, then just download an application form from our website breastcancercare.org.uk/fundraising-events/events/show

The closing date for applications is 31 January 2012.

Many thanks and good luck!

I was a model in the Glasgow fashion show in 2011 and it was one of the most fun times of my life… I would recommend it to everybody… I’d just had surgery for my recurrrence and was feeling decidedly poo when I arrived after puking on route but as soon as I got there the vibe was electric… Getting photographed and trying on designer outfits and rehearsals on the Wednesday and then hair and make and full dress rehearsal and two shows on the Thursday… I truly loved every minute and all the girls were fab.

It was one of my child hood dreams to be a model and as a shortie 5’4" I never thought I’d ever get the chance… But I was actually the 10th tallest!!!

People were all shapes and sizes so don’t let that out you off… It’s an absolutely amazing experience and one I’ll remember all my life and no was I gonna let an annoying thing called a recurrence get in my way!

Go for it girls!

I went mad and put an app in for the London one the other day !!! Sounds like real fun (always has done) and so completely different to anything I would normally do…A chance to show the cancer that it won’t spoil my quality of life even if it will shorten it because of bone mets.

Good luck to whoever gets selected.

Thanks Jo.

I must be a bit stupid, but I can’t see the application form on the pages you linked to. Could you give me a direction or two? Thanks.

No, cancel that, I found it!

Here you go choccie

breastcancercare.org.uk/digital/women_form.doc

Went to the show in 2011 inLondon& found it very imspirational,as I was diagnosex with breast cancer in March 2011with evasive lobular breast cancer&my world fell apart. I have had a mastectimy & reconstruction &at the time of the show was half way through chemotheropy and had lost my hair which has been an enormous shock to my confidence. Watching these brave ladies amd men who looked wi.derful with there smiles gave me hope.Iam still struggling with my confidence but please god on the right path to recovery. I have applied for this years fashion show and have my fingers crossed as it would be an honor.

Theresa