Lost postings

BCC

I have just lost another rather long posting “in the ether”. I would describe myself as very computer literate.

The lost post just happened to cross with one from another forum user and I wonder if your “system” cannot handle two people post to the same thread at the same time?

Reg.

Hi Regina,

Sorry you lost your post.

We will do some tests but I believe phpBB can handle multi-posts on the same thread at the same time.

And I will keep an eye on the posts to see I can find 2 posts made at the same time on the same thread.

Thanks,

Bertie

I too have ‘lost’ threads and as I am a slow typist I have found this really frustrating.
I don’t know what it is I might have been doing wrong but to ensure that it doesn’t happen again I now COPY my post before attempting to send it. - tedious but worth it.

This has happened to me loads of times - think the system times out as it is always after writing up a very long post!
I also always copy what I have done before posting it
Clarabelle

Hi all

Nt just long postings get lost, but also postings long in the making (ie sometimes I chew over them before hitting the submit button). Infuriating and sad - as I rarely bother to retype the post, so my little pearls of wisdom :slight_smile: get lost. I too have taken to copying posts before sending them. Or composing them first in Word and then pasting them into the post box.

Alison x