Low Neutrophils - a bit of a shock

I’ve been on ribociclib, fulvestrant and denosumab since March 2023 and there has been the odd time when my neutrophils dropped to 0.9 but this is usually when I’ve had my bloods taken early and I’ve not had enough recovery time.

I’ve been on holiday so have not been taking ribociclib for 14 days (including my 7 day break). I went for my bloods today and was told my neutrophils were 0.8 and I couldn’t have treatment. She said this was unusual given my 14 day break but not unheard of.

I now have to go back to have my bloods done next week to see if they have improved. If not they will be reviewing my treatment - I am still on 600mg of ribociclib so I know that can be reduced.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Many thanks
Jan

1 Like

Hi Jan, I’ve just come off Ribociclib after just over 2 years. My neutrophils often dipped below 1.00 and rarely went about 1.4 .sometimes a longer break did push up my levels a lot but not always- it may be you did a lot on holiday and just need to rest a lot for a few days to see levels increase. I have found acupuncture every 3 or 4 weeks has helped boost my immune system a lot. Also, don’t worry if your dose is reduced. I couldn’t handle 600mg and went down to 400 early on and later 200. Research shows that the medication is still effective at lower dose. All the best with your treatment, Ruth

1 Like

Yes, this happened to me, I had to stay off ribociclib until they improved. They gave cut my dose down as the full dose lowered them too much.

1 Like

@Bunty_B @ruthb37

Thanks both for replying. I was really stressed with it last night bit it is what it is so ive just got to chill out and hope for better news next week

I see lots of people have mentioned having their dose reduced with no progression so I’ll await my fate next week

Regards
Jan

2 Likes