Lump seems to be back

It’s been just over a year since I visited your forum and everyone was so kind and supportive. Well here i am again with the same concern!! I had my lump investigated last year and the u.s showed normal breast tissue and that was the end of that. Over the months it seemed to just disappear and I thought nothing of it. Just a few days ago I felt discomfort in my left breast toward my armpit just as before and I can feel the same lump again.my husband also commented on it and I hadn’t Told him. I am now worried…is it the same lump as before moving around or a new one? Is it bigger…I can’t tell .Should I go to my gp or am I wasting their time? When I had my ultra sound the nurse rushed in took a quick look at the monitor and said its normal tissue just floating around!! That was it!!! It niggles in my mind…what if she s wrong. I have no history in my family so maybe i am worrying over nothing. Any advice would be most helpful. Thank you…KarenKaren

Hi Karen

Welcome back to the forums, it’s the right place for some good honest support from the many informed users of this site. While you are waiting for replies could I suggest you give our helpline team a ring and have a chat with them about your concerns, they’re here to support you. Calls are free, lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2, 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Karen,
Personally I would be at my GP surgery tomorrow morning demanding another referal. You can’t live with this anxiety.
What also bothers me about your story is you say it was a NURSE who looked at the screen and gave her thoughts, which you accepted. A nurse cannot do this. She is not qualified. It has to be a Radiologist doctor. Please make sure you get checked out again. Even if it is nothing, you are not wasting their time. It is what they are there for!

Thank you Lola. I say a nurse because she never introduced herself she was in such a hurry!!! I was in and out within minutes…very rushed! I think I will call my gp tomorrow morning and discuss this with her…she was fantastic last time and I had my scan within 2weeks. You are right that is what they are there for! Thank you.

Good luck! xxx