Lump under stitches

I had my lumpectomy 2 weeks ago with 3 lympnodes taken. I have a swelling under the lymnodes stitches moving under my arm. Should i massage it or leave it? Also i started the second week of exercises only to notice a bleed. So stopped them. How long should i wait to start them again?

2 Likes

I’d ring your team in case it’s a seroma starting :heart: I just rang my team about anything that I wasn’t sure about :heart: don’t be afraid to ring them they want you to :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

Hi I agree with @Shi always ring BCN with anything that doesn’t feel right or look right better safe than sorry x

3 Likes

Hi pottyjanet

Thanks for posting.

Swelling can happen after surgery but as you’ve noticed some bleeding as well as @Shi and @charlottebee suggest do speak to your treatment team (which you may have done by now). Your team can also let you know whether to restart or modify your post op exercises.

If you have any difficulty speaking to someone in your treatment team, contact your GP or call 111 if you are still concerned or have symptoms.

As well as these forums, we have a range of other support services you may be interested in.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000. If you have hearing or speech difficulties prefix our number with 18001 and the call will go through Relay UK. Our helpline has access to telephone interpreters so if language translation is required you can also call 0808 800 6000

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back .

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.