lump uner arm

hi girls,
i was with oncologist today and i have this new lump under my arm on my good breast side its a hard lump i have to see my breast surgeon on monday and get a biopsy done

did this ever happen to any of ye?
should i be worrying over nothing?

breda
xxx

I had WLE in Jan followed by 29 rads sessions, finished the end of April. Since surgery I have had a sort of squidgy bit in my armpit where they did the node sampling, but about 3 weeks ago I discovered a hard lump in the squidgy area… it was initially about the size of a cherry tomato, but grew to about the size of a plum (of course when I was awake worrying at 3am and prodding about it felt about the size of a small african village) … anyways - I also discovered a small pea sized lump just behind my collarbone … both however were on the ‘bad’ side. I was referred back to my breast surgeon who declared that he did not think it was anything sinister, but would like a scan to check it out and be on the safe side.

I was in last week for an ultrasound and the lump under my arm is dead fatty tissue (apparently when fat dies it gfoes hard) - probably killed off by the radiotherapy. The lump in my neck was an enlarged lymph node, did not look sinister but biopsy taken to be on the safe side. Biopsy came back as benign… they say I have possibly had an infection (ears, sinus, throat) and this has caused the node to enlarge. Nothing to worry about and they will repeat the u/s scan in a month just to check that the node is back to normal size.

I know exactly how you are feeling at the moment because even tho I knew that the chances of me having a re-occurrance, especially so soon after treatment was minimal given that I was a grade 1 tumour with an 85% chance of getting to 10 years NED, when I discovered these new lumps and bumps I was horrified. Logical thinking goes out the window and panic sets in big style.

Hope you get the all clear too.

HI THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR TAUGHTS
THE LUMP I HAVE IS UNDER RIGHT ARM I HAD WLE ON LEFT SIDE
I HAVE APT WITH BREAST SURGEON MONDAY HOPEFULLY ITS JUST AN INFECTION BUT ONCOLOGIST SAID HE WANTS A BIOPSY DONE IM WORRIED SICK

WERE YOU AWAKE FOR THE BIOPSY THEY DONE ON U?

BREDA

Yes I was awake - the node involved was measuring about 6mm so they basically did a needle biopsy with guidance of ultrasound. Not on my list of top 10 favourite things, but once the needle was out it was over and done with, just some bruising, but I bruise very easily and that soon settled down.

Good luck with your appointment. Let us know how you get on.