Lumpectomy

I had a lumpectomy March 5th and the pain was minimal. However, my breast seems to be getting more sensitive and painful as days go by. I guess I assumed it would feel better, definitely not worse. I went for post op visit and began hormone therapy and I am good to go until mammogram in January. To be blunt, I am at the end of my rope with this. I’ve been poked, prodded, wired and bruised and I am thrilled to be done for a while. Has anyone experienced pain after feeling good after a lumpectomy? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi TW211

I’m sorry to hear you’re still having pain.  If you would like to give our helpline team a ring they’ll be able to talk to you about this in confidence.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

hi tw211 . i had my lumpectomy on 22nd april. im due to get my results tomorrow . but im in a lot of pain with my breast it feels like its got worse and not better … im going to ak the surgeon to look at it tomoz as im fed up of not sleeping due to pain and bein so uncomfortable x

So sorry to hear of your pain. Mine has subsided, finally. Still getting used to the side effects of Tamoxifen. I hope your get resolution for pain AS WELL as good results. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Take care :slight_smile: