Lymphoedema

Can anyone help? Over the last couple of hours my left arm has become more sore than it has been and just above my elbow on the inner side of my arm it seems to be swelling. This is my surgery side . Tomorrow I am going for my planning appt and then hopefully start my radiotherapy . Will I still be able to have my planning appt if it is lymphoedema. I’ve done all my exercises and I have good mobility in my arm and I can’t believe this could be happening. Is there anything I can do to help . I would grateful for any advice

Hi Chris
I am sorry to read that you have this worry, whilst you await replies you are welcome to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over on 0808 800 6000 and lines open at 9 am this morning

Take care
Lucy

How are you feeling now Chris? Have the anti-biotics helped? I can’t tell from your post whether you were planning to go to work before rads? Hope it’s all ok anyway. I think there are a lot of things to try and get your arm down although its not necessarily a quick process.

I’m feeling a lot better thank you. It is a big help to have the forum and talk to people who actually know what you’re going through :).
Weirdly I do feel worse about the lymphoedema than the cancer, as the cancer felt like something to get over rather than something to learn to live with. It’s not impossible though and there really are worse things that can happen. I have decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and get on with it. I’m going to take it as a reminder to take good care of myself :slight_smile:
Keep smiling xxx

You sound much better :slight_smile: I’m so glad. Liking the fiestiness!!

It does take a bit of time to heal and I remember having a seroma after my second op that the surgeon ended up draining for me, so it does take a while for the body to adjust. If they’ve said it’s ok to swim I would definitely give it a go. Just stop if your arm gets tired.

Really glad you have good support - its so important xxxxx