MARCHING Together

Beryl when I was first diagnosed my first thought was ‘phew, thanks heavens I lived my life the way I did’ (by which I mean that I’ve always done the things I wanted to do when I wanted to do them rather than delay things for when I retire/get rich/meet the love of my life etc.) and my second thought was ‘aaarggh! who do I trust to take on my cat’ :womansad: Don’t think I can have any more pets after this one just in case. Stupid cancer.

Pandorra, we were talking about your GP prescription and how to help you use it on the other thread *sniggers*.  Do you know, I’ve never seen a 3D film so I’ll have to add that to my bucket list.  Heavens, I’m sounding all pessimistic and miserable now but actually I’m pretty chirpy.  Still haven’t been given an appointment for the follow up meeting so hopefully they’ve forgotten me which is no bad thing as I’m doing my best to forget them.  Rose and Cheryl have had their follow ups though.

xx

Sharon

Well my friends,  a big black furry boy called pepper will be coming home with me tomorrow! 

im nervous now! 

Can’t wait to see jurassic park,  think will try to make it this week.  3D makes me feel a little sick so will have to be in normal vision

how’s everyone sleeping?  I am only getting 4 hours each night

sheena x

Yay Sheena, a lovely ball of fluff to play with!  Is he a grown cat or still a kitten? Too exciting.  I bought my baby Dollop a DVD last year which has fish & mice and stuff like that on it and he LOVES it.  He sits right in front of the TV and swipes at the animals as they go past him and when it plays mewling kittens he runs around the back of the TV to try to find them.  So sweet! Will see if I can put a picture on my profile.

And yes, I’m having problems sleeping again just for the last week or so but at least I can have little afternoon naps if I need them (although I haven’t actually been tired despite only sleeping for 3 or 4 hrs a night)

xx

Sharon

He’s 5 Sharon can’t wait till tomorrow haha!

I have Jurassic Park on my list to see also. So funny when everyone puts their 3D glasses on together. Love the cinema but so expensive now. I can still remember going to Star Ears in The Odeon Leicester Square and it was the first time that I’d experienced ‘sensearound’ in a cinema. When the Death Star went over, the whole cinema seemed to rumble and we all cheered! That was back in 1975/76 I think. We’re sci fi fans. Sheens, lucky you with your new ball of fluff. I miss my cat Casper so much. We left him with our old neighbours when we moved last year, as he’d had two major hip ops and we didn’t think it was fair to uproot him. He loved his cup of tea and would use his paw to ladle it out the cup. He also liked a good curry, just like us! He never got fleas by the way!! First time I’ve been without a moggy for 30 years?? Night night all, would say sleep well but I suspect that’s a rarity for most of us. I bought an electric diffuser from Neal’s Yard the other week and some ‘calming’ oil mix supposed to help you to sleep. No joy but it smells nice! Love Francine xx

Apologies about my typos! Was there such a film as Star Ears? Lol

Francine!, Star ears will stick in my memory for ever, thanks for making me laugh like a drain! 

lets all sleep like babies,  up and down,  crying etc etc lol xxxxx

Well you’re not surprised are you, coming from the tumour mayo sandwich lady, lol. I think I’m going to approach Mr Spielberg with my idea for a film, Star Ears, new version of Dumbo perhaps?! Other ideas, Boobs in the Wood, bit saucy, the Mystery of the Missing Boob, detective story, Boobs at Dawn, spaghetti western. Ho ho, Francine, go to sleep woman. ???

Morning all :slight_smile:

Francine when are you having your endoscopies? In the next few days presumably?  I’m off for a mooch around Crouch End today with a friend so I’ll visit the nice coffee shop and slurp some coffee in your honour while I’m there.  And I’m going to be humming the Star Wars theme to myself all day now because of you!

xx

Sharon

Hi Sharon
Hope you enjoyed your day in Crouchy. My favourite coffee place is The Haberdashery and my daughter and I usually go there for a coffee. Well I should say used to, as coffee is off the agenda at the moment. My endoscopies are on Monday, oh joy. I have been sent a DIY enema kit (ho ho) but as I’m not a contortionist and don’t fancy it at all, they will do it for me! Just need to make sure my bed is the closest one to the toilet! I’ve insisted on sedation for both of them, top and bottom, so hopefully I won’t remember anything ? will they meet in the middle I ask myself?! OH thinks it’s rather amusing but won’t be laughing when I punch him in the head. Spent today doing the VAT return for my business, which was so exciting, not. Can’t keep HMRC waiting can we, they don’t care if you have BC and a dodgy tum. Daughter coming home this weekend for Father’s Day so I’ve alerted the local power station and water authority. How can anyone spend so long on the shower?! Xx Francine

Ah Beryl, she sounds adorable and I’m sure she’ll bring much happiness to your life. I so miss my cat, no one to come and sit on your lap for a stroke (apart from husband of course, lol). X Francine

*waves hello to everyone*

Just nipping in to deliver a truckload of good vibes to Francine for tomorrow and to say hi to everyone.  Got a small crowd here this evening so bit on the run but hope to catch up with you all soon.

Love to all 

xx

Sharon

All the best francine xx sending good vibes and much love

sheena xxx

Thank you ladies for all your good wishes. Will just be glad when it’s over with. Have told them that I want sedation so if it’s not been arranged I’m off! Had enough stress over the past few months so not having any more thank you. Typically, my tum has really settled down over the last week so I hope they don’t stir things up again. Treated myself to sticky toffee pudding today, lovely!! X Francine

Endoscopies completed, hooray! Have now shown my posterior to yet another set of Northants medics but at least didn’t have to get my boobs out, lol. Sedation yes, did it work, no! Still not as bad as I thought. An enema is such a moving experience! ???

Ah love the name Pippin. Hope you have lots of happy times together. Xx

Ladies, I had a curry last night, big news!! Home made by the OH no less and mild. Not quite teady for a madras yet! So far, no adverse affect on the tum. Can’t tell you how nice it tasted after weeks of rather bland food. Now a 2 week wait for my results and probably another 3 weeks for the BRCA test ones. Then it will be boob decision time, single or double. Bit like one of those TV game shows, lol. In the meantime trying to get all the financials sorted in my business and as much prepared as possible. Hate doing the annual accounts, limited company so a pain. Still keeps me busy, which is what I need at the moment. Hope everyone is feeling OK. XXFrancine

Hi Ladies,
Just checking in…wishing everyone well! I was to start tamoxifen 6/1 but haven’t yet! I saw Paul McCartney in concert last night and was in the second row! My daughter made a Breast Cancer Survivor sign that said Bucket List …Meet Paul Onstage. …no such luck. But I was surely happy last night. And so many of us are affected two women said they had gone through treatment and hugged me. It was wonderful!
Love to you all!
Sue

Hi Sue. Shame on Paul McCartney for not inviting you on to the stage! Hope you had a lovely time anyway. Of course I forgot that Linda McCartney had BC. I’ve been taking my Anastrazole for 6 weeks now and am feeling the hot flushes, especially at night. Feeling very tired as they wake me up several times so by the afternoon I want to have a doze and am nodding off in mid sentence! Daughter thinks it’s hilarious but OH now getting a bit bored with constantly snoring wife ??? Just waiting now for my BRCA test results, another 3 weeks, so surgeon can decide what surgery to perform, single or double mx. Fed up now, just want to get on with it xx Francine

Morning all :slight_smile:

Glad you’ve got the endoscopies out of the way Francine and that it wasn’t as bad as you were expecting and hurrah for curry consumption! :womanlol:  Yet more waiting on results though, totally get why you are fed up and will cross all fingers, toes and bendy bits that it is the best possible results for you.

Had my long overdue radiotherapy follow-up meeting yesterday after I chased the hospital about it.  Turns out I had got lost in the system (so that’s reassuring, right?).  Radiotherapy Oncologist started reeling off details about my next mammogram appointments etc and my face must have showed my surprise as he checked his computer screen again and said ‘oh, no I’m looking at the wrong patient, you don’t have any more follow up meetings arranged’.  So, can’t say I’m feeling in safe hands with this hospital but I guess they are all much the same.  Note to self: at all future appointments, which it appears I’ll have to make myself, I’ll ask them to check they’ve got the right details before I get sent off for somebody else’s tests!  I’ve been discharged by the radiation oncology team now though, so just have to be followed by the surgical team and the medical oncology team apparently.  

Hope you’re enjoying getting to know Pippin Beryl

love to all

xx

Sharon