Mark/Rash on breast

[Moderator note: Photo removed as per our photo guidelines]

Hello,

I’m not sure if I should be directing my question to this forum, but I was hoping someone may be able to offer me some guidance please.

For context, I’m a 28 y/o female. I have a daughter, who was breastfed but that stopped around 18 months ago. I’ve never had any concerns with my breasts before, feeding went fine, no issues with mastitis etc.

I noticed this mark/rash - not too sure what to call it really - on my breast on Thursday. I couldn’t feel any lumps or bumps, so I thought maybe a bite from an insect or something. It wasn’t painful at all or itchy and I couldn’t see any evident marks that would indicate a bite but wasn’t too concerned. I assumed a ‘head’ would appear if it was a bite or a spot maybe but it’s been 4 days now and there’s certainly no head. It isn’t painful at all, it’s just abit odd - the skin is peeling and it’s almost got a bit of a shine to it. Unrelated to that I think but the only changes I’ve noticed with my breasts are my nipples the last few days have been quite sore and often hard. I generally get quite itchy boobs, especially when time of the month but I haven’t had that whilst this mark has appeared.

My GP is a real pain to get into. I’ve had some bloods done for something unrelated 2 weeks ago and haven’t been able to book back in for results despite calling at 8am daily when their lines open. I’m thinking if there was anything concerning, surely my bloods would’ve shown something? I know my CRP was slightly raised but I did have a cold the week before, so thought maybe that.

Just wondered if you could offer some guidance? I’ve been trying to find online something similar so I can have an idea of what it might be but I can’t find anything?

Thanks x

1 Like

Dear Tcox

Welcome to the forum, Can I understand you’re feeling anxious at the moment the fact that you can’t get a GP appointment isn’t helping you. I feel you need to get checked out, maybe call 111 to see if they can help you.

Wishing you well and hope that you get some advice very soon. Please pop back and let us know how you’re getting on.

Hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

Hi,

After my cancer diagnosis and treatment which was discovered on a routine mammogram I would advise you contact someone for a mammogram if you can’t get your doctor.

Sending best wishes that you get checked and get sorted.

Donut

It will be busy at the surgery today having been closed for 4 days but you need to contact them . My surgery has a facility to contact them online which I’ve found useful in the past if yours have that then that might be best and you could upload a photo .

Otherwise yes - phone the surgery . I did see your photo , I don’t know what it is but I think you need to get it looked at. Perhaps if you ring the helpline they may be able to give you some clarity and help to guide you with what to say on the phone so that you don’t get fobbed off. It’s a shame that you would have to do that but unfortunately that how things are sometimes these days .

Best of luck xx

Hi tcox95

Thanks for posting about the rash you have noticed on your breast.

Breast changes can happen for many reasons. They may be due to hormonal changes as part of your monthly cycle or due to benign conditions (not cancer). Although it’s not possible to say what may be causing the rash, as you say it could be due to an insect bite or if you have changed your washing detergent or body products which may be causing skin irritation.

As you have noticed this rash over the last 4 days and if it persists, as @Tili suggests may need to get it checked, do try and make an appointment with your GP to be assessed.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.