Menstruation at 60 on anastrozole

About 3-4 years ago, my wife had a partial mastectomy of the left breast with lymphectony. Sge has been on anastrozole for a couple of years. She’s 60, and she was experiencing localized tenderness of the breasts,mild aches and some cramps for the last week. Today she says she’s gotten her period.

While im sure its probablya hormonal spike/imbalance, the Italian grandmother in me is worried it coukd ve a sign of something worse.

She dud manage to get an appointment (tomorrow) with her oncologist, so we’ll be anxious to hear what her thoughts are.

1 Like

Glad she’s got an appointment and I wish you luck. Hopefully they’ll agree it’s just hormones and be able to fix it quickly.

1 Like

Hi @dwill827,

Welcome to the forum, we hope you find it and supportive and comforting place.

Please know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

We wish you all the best at your appointment today and hope you get some answers.

Sending love,

Alice :heart:

1 Like

How is your wife?

1 Like

Stopped the anastrozole. Not 100% certain of the name of the new medication, but bleeding has stopped. GYN did a uterine biopsy, still waiting on results. Thank you for asking!

Glad the bleeding has stopped. Will have everything crossed that the results come back ok

It’s crucial to address any new symptoms promptly. Your proactive approach to seeking medical advice is commendable and shows your dedication to your wife’s well-being. Hang in there, and I’m sending positive thoughts for a reassuring and informative appointment tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you’re looking for additional information on menstrual health, https://periuod.com offers a wealth of resources and support to navigate such concerns. Remember, you’re not alone in this journey, and there’s support available every step of the way. Take care of yourselves, and stay positive amidst the uncertainty.