Metastatic Breast Cance3r

Hi All: First mastectomy 1998, second 2012. Told in February that it had metastised to spine, liver, small spot on lung. Have started letrozole and have had one session of palbociclib. There was a tumour on my spine near the 3rd and 4th vertebrae in my neck which had been giving me excruciating pain down my neck and shoulder for about 4 months for which I had one dose of radio which thankfully has shrunk or got rid of tumour so I’m much more comfortable. Still early days on palbociclib as they’re trying to get into the routine of blood tests, denosumab injection and then issuance of pills. Even with one session of the palbociclib I’m starting to lose some hair. My question is , how much will I lose and has anyone else had a similar experience. I’ve already been looking at alternative head coverings - better to be prepared. Otherwise I am feeling fine except for physical tiredness - thank goodness I’m not house proud! Big hugs to all of you out there in similar situations.
Sandy

1 Like

Hi @fuddleduck I’m very sorry to hear about your diagnosis but there is so much that can be done to help with secondaries these days and more therapies are being devised all the time.

Can I suggest that you also post in the category ‘Living with Secondary Cancer’ which is the fifth choice down on the main forum page? You will find there many women who have been where you are now and who will be able to give you support and advice as you move into the next phase of treatment. Sending you strength and good wishes.

1 Like

Hi
I have been on Palbociclib and Letrozole for 6 years now and only slight thinning of my hair and no other side affects so I’ve been Lucky :four_leaf_clover:
I was diagnosed with stage 4 from the start so try not to worry too much :heart_eyes: