Microblading after treatment

Hey all. I finished my chemo and radiotherapy in Q2 2023 and am unfortunately finding that my eyebrows are just not coming back. They are so sparse and im having to fill them in daily to make myself look less awkward. Im looking into getting microblading but just reading a couple of the consent things has made me stall slightly.

1. Notify your GP if you’re having an MRI. Is this really necessary? Has anyone been declined an MRI due to microblading?

2. don’t sweat. Easier said than done since I’m enjoying the delight of chemical menopause and hot flushes. I understand this is just for a limited time while healing to ensure you get the best result.

I’d love to hear from anyone else who has had this done since finishing treatment

1 Like

Hey there!! Now, my daughter has never had cancer, but she did lose her eyebrows due to trichotillomania (where she pulled all of her eyelashes and eyebrows out). Her eyebrows just didn’t come back (like her dr had warned her that they might not), so after drawing them in for years with an eyebrow pencil, she finally had them microbladed in. They look amazing, very natural. SHe has had one MRI (gallbladder), and they didn’t mention anything about her having microblading. I guess you should tell them anyway (before any MRI’s), but it hasn’t affected my daughter’s life in any way. She’s 34 and had them done probably 6 or 7 years ago. Good luck with everything and Happy Easter!!!

1 Like

Hi Kchest I hope you’re well hun , I actually had my eye brows done beforehand as I knew they would fall out I bought magnetic eye lashes which were so east to put on (and I’m rubbish at them ) I’ve not had any issues with scans etc but check first , it’s the best thing I’ve done to keep a little normality, good luck sweetie take care XXX

1 Like